Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

madison square garden is pretty good
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

boro park. just make sure you get there after sundown.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on March 05, 2010, 01:44:51 PM
Anyone know of a good place in NYC to watch fights?  Gonna be up there next weekend and don't want to miss Manny-Clottey.

try southern hospitality

theres a dope spot in bucktown as well but i cant recall the name...ill try to find out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

reese125

phillymic2000

Quote from: reese125 on March 18, 2010, 07:29:44 PM
Floyd and Shane agree to olympic style drug testing for their fight. Step the farg up Manny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5006342&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5006342

Farg that little bitch Mayweather, he could get Shane to let him teabag him if he wanted to. this is not the olympics, Mayweather is a little bitch who got scared and started pushing for that crap. Nothing that Manny could take would not be caught in the regular drug testing.

Drunkmasterflex

The thing is Manny just didn't want it right before the fight, but agreed to do it right after the fight.  The last fight he lost he lost a lot of blood so now he has a superstition about losing blood. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

yeah, i don't fault manny for not wanting to have blood drawn before the fight.  i mean, motherfargers who work in a cubicle all day donate blood and get to lay down for 2 hours and eat donuts.  so yeah, having blood drawn before a fight probably isn't the smartest idea. 

granted, they won't be drawing nearly as much as they do for blood donors, but still.......doing it after the fight changes absolutely nothing.  if something's there before the bell, it'll still be there afterwards too. 

SD

That fight was a joke...and Hopkins is the biggest drama queen on the planet.

phillymic2000

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dalton on April 04, 2010, 01:18:35 AM

pretty much
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

yeah it was ugly, but a win is a win and lol that hopkins is the biggest drama queen.

phillymic2000

Hopkins can take anyone out of there gameplan. He can grind out a boring match, or he can put it on you like he did against Pavlick or Tito.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 04, 2010, 01:19:41 AM
Quote from: Dalton on April 04, 2010, 01:18:35 AM

pretty much

wait i thought you couldnt get paid to even watch this fight

SD

Those rabbit punches he went down on and acted like he had an anvil dropped on his head were ridiculous. The second one you could see the ref smirking cause he knew it was a farging joke. At that point of the match he didn't need to take anyone out of their 'gameplan', he was ahead 6 rounds to zilch.