Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

That guy Michael Koncz is an idiot. Roach has said numerous times that he doesnt belong in Mannys camp and all he does is ride his tail.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
asians = zero personality

Jackie Chan is adorable.  So is that dude on Iron Chef.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

and jet li doesn't need a personality.  he'll just kick the personality out of you so that you have none.  just like him.

reese125

With his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. all but off, Manny Pacquiao has instead agreed to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13 at a site to be determined, Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach told ESPN's Brian Kenny on Friday

DH

interesting..i like clottey. should be a halfway decent fight. floyd is still a tremendous bitch.

phattymatty

agreed, could be a lot worse.  but until something is finalized i still don't believe this fight isn't gonna happen though.  i know the people that run boxing are mongoloids but i can't see them blowing their biggest chance to convert some casual fans in like 20 years.

DH

That's the cash cow here - the casual fan. I have friends who could care less about the sport who are legitimately dissapointed that this fight is off. Obviously, that would have converted into serious PPV buys. It's crazy with all the potential dollars involved that Shafaer and Arum can't get this squared away.

DH

Berto-Mosely is off. Andre lost 8 family member in the earthquake.

What an awful month for the sport..

phattymatty

good card tonight on hbo.  juan manuel lopez against luevano.  but even before that is yoriorkis gamboa who is my favorite boxer at the moment.  lots of fun to watch if you've never seen him.  wish he wasn't going against a philly guy tonight because he's gonna wreck him.

phillymic2000

Gamboa tapped that a$$ and quickly.

phillymic2000

ESPN FNF had an awesome fight this past week, Brinkley vs. Stevens. Stevens was talking all kinds of ish about ko'ing him in :50secs.  Teddy Atlas said it wouldn't last 2 rounds. Brinkley stayed in it early and beat the livin shtein out of the guy. It was sweet.

THey also have a good card this week for the Super bowl week with glen Johnson and Mack going at it.

reese125

manny paquiao has no business boxing when he can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbCskgWxVNI

DH

Manny can do everything...including whooping Floyds ass. Too bad Pretty Boy is a pretty big bitch.

reese125

we could argue this till the cows come home....and if this fight ever happens best be sure to open your wallet

still cant believe they f'ed it up

phattymatty

Anyone know of a good place in NYC to watch fights?  Gonna be up there next weekend and don't want to miss Manny-Clottey.