Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

asians = zero personality

i think i hate him for the same reason i hated marvin hagler and larry holmes.....boring ass non personalities...and to me boxing is all about showmanship
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Mayweather knows he'll get farged up, and afterwards Pacquiao would farg up his boy 50 cent too.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Floyd's scared he's gonna get thumped by a little Flip.

This is why boxing has disintegrated to what it is now. All of this bullshtein. Man the farg up and fight, iceholes.

ice grillin you

its gonna happen....im convinced this is all promotion for the fight

PhillyPhreak54

Which is stupid, IMO.

The contrived bullshtein gets old. Man up, make a deal and then talk copious amounts of shtein about each other and their mothers.

Seabiscuit36

another example why boxing is getting old. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
and to me boxing is all about showmanship

that would be the wwe.  boxing is about a balance between strength and technical skill....something all the greats had.  and so does pacman.  showmanship is nothing more than a side dish used to sell tickets to people who don't otherwise have an interest in the sport. 

DH

Its not going to happen. Floyd is gonna fight Paulie Malignaggi on 3/13 and Manny will fight Yuri Foreman; probably the week after. The entire way that this was handled by Floyd camp is bullshtein, and as a huge boxing-head this was the biggest cocktease in years. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 07, 2010, 10:48:07 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
and to me boxing is all about showmanship

that would be the wwe.  boxing is about a balance between strength and technical skill....something all the greats had.  and so does pacman.  showmanship is nothing more than a side dish used to sell tickets to people who don't otherwise have an interest in the sport. 

lol...obviously im talking about the best fighters

ill take a charasmatic champion over a snoozefest any day of the week

reese125

Quote from: Die-Hard on January 08, 2010, 08:26:48 AM
Its not going to happen. Floyd is gonna fight Paulie Malignaggi on 3/13 and Manny will fight Yuri Foreman; probably the week after. The entire way that this was handled by Floyd camp is bullshtein, and as a huge boxing-head this was the biggest cocktease in years. 

youre not kidding.

here is what mayweather said:

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected," Mayweather said. "I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30 day cutoff. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

"In my opinion it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever. I know the people will see through their smoke screens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."

cant believe these dumbasses are turning down an opportunity for the biggest purse in history. I do have no doubt though that mayweather would of kick the living shtein out pacquiao

phattymatty

i think pac would have won but i guess it doesn't matter now.  but i really can't believe that boxing is going to let this not happen.  they've been trying to become relevant again for a long time and things are just starting to get better and now this just drops them back down into no one cares territory again.

and yuri foreman? that dude was like the first fight on the undercard of the pac-cotto match last month.  talk about a let down.

reese125

pacs corner nixed the fight with Foreman...they are concerned about his height and the fact pac has to move up to 154....making it hard to come back down to "possibly" fighting mayweather

ice grillin you

no one will care about boxing approximately three seconds after mayweather packyow ends either....but it sure will make a shtein bucketload of money

DH

Quote from: reese125 on January 08, 2010, 10:54:44 AM
pacs corner nixed the fight with Foreman...they are concerned about his height and the fact pac has to move up to 154....making it hard to come back down to "possibly" fighting mayweather

Not the case. Thats what Pacmans camp wants now, so he can become the only guy to win titles in 8 weight classes.

Even still, who the farg cares? Matty said it right - Foreman was on the Cotto UC and unless youre a legit boxing fan, you didnt watch anything that night till he and Pac walked into the ring.

It's a shame - Boxing finally had a chance to grab some market share back from UFC and Floyd done farged it up. He's a Hoyda and I will go to the grave knowing he was scared to fight Manny - because he would have farged that pretty face up.

reese125

Quote from: Die-Hard on January 08, 2010, 12:32:16 PM
Quote from: reese125 on January 08, 2010, 10:54:44 AM

Not the case. Thats what Pacmans camp wants now, so he can become the only guy to win titles in 8 weight classes.

thats not what Im reading here

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/237621/pacman-nixes-fight-with-foreman