Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2009, 12:08:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 10, 2009, 11:56:20 AM
a pay per view fight with no cover charge or drink minimum?

i honestly haven't heard of a ppv cover charge since college. 

lemme know where all these places are so i have some options next fight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

in fact other than love which obviously charges and occasionally espn zone which has minimums...i cant ever even find any places in dc that shows ppv fights

Drunkmasterflex

A lot of places don't even get fights anymore because it costs a bar some ridiculous amount per TV for the fight. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on December 10, 2009, 01:41:53 PM
A lot of places don't even get fights anymore because it costs a bar some ridiculous amount per TV for the fight. 

exactly its incredibly expensive...thats why im surprised and excited about all these places that have fights...and have them for free

Drunkmasterflex

The only place around here I know of is Hooters, but not all Hooters get them.  Not to mention that place sucks. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

The Paulie/Diaz fight was great, Malignagih is a cocky sob but funny as hell

The "kingpin" was owned by Vitali, he had no buisness in the fight.

Bradley and Peterson was a great fight, Bradley was  :o

good fights, except the Viatli/johnson.

DH

I didn't think the Diaz fight was so great at all. I was hoping he would sneak Paulie a shot or two when he kept letting his hands down, but the Baby Bull just didn't have it. I hate Paulie, too - the guy belongs on that Jersey Shore show. IMO, it was a worthless rematch - Paulie won fight #1, without question - If the Houston judges didnt farg him in September, his attention would have been spent trying to lure Hatton out of retirement for the rematch people would have liked to seen.

Bradley did look real good though. I'm kind of excited to see whats next in line for him.

BigEd76

DH

I'd be shocked if the fight still didnt go down - there's just too much riding on it. Have you heard the penalty for not making the catch-weight? 10mil per pound?!? CRAZY.

ice grillin you

i despise pacquiao....but he said he would take a drug test the minute the fight ended....how is this even an issue...

sounds to me like someone is shook

phattymatty

apparently pac-mayweather if off again.  but i can't see any way that boxing doesn't make this happen soon.

Sgt PSN

mayweather is acting like a punk bitch on this one.  pacman said he'll test 90 days out, 40 days out and immediately following the fight.  he just doesn't want to have blood drawn before the fight.....which makes sense to me and i have no problem with it.  don't see why that's not good enough for mayweather. 

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2009, 12:42:01 PM
i despise pacquiao....but he said he would take a drug test the minute the fight ended....how is this even an issue...

sounds to me like someone is shook

Why do you despise Pacuiao? Just curious. As far as boxers go, he seems pretty level-headed and quiet....
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

i dont really have a good reason to be honest

i just cant stand him

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2010, 03:31:31 PM
i dont really have a good reason to be honest

i just cant stand him
Engineer
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons