Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on December 03, 2009, 12:33:56 PM
The thing is I don't think he should have fought any of those fights except for maybe the Tarver fights and even then he was a shell of his former self.  Watch the film on him when he is young and it is hard to imagine anybody beating him. 

Hard to imagine? He probably never had a chin, it wasn't tested until he fought the fighters with power. Tarver or Johnson fighting him earlier imo would have beat him still, even a younger tito might have finished him off.

Drunkmasterflex

Well when he was younger he wouldn't have fought any of those bigger guys.  And if Tito was younger, so what?  Tito is one of the most overrated fighters ever imo.  Roy never should have been anything above super middleweight.  He is also four years younger.   

If you watch Roy after he went up to heavyweight and back down he was noticeably weaker.  It would have been nice to see Roy 10-15 years ago in the tournament they are having today. 

I think your hate for him skews your vision.  He was a great fighter, he is a complete shell of that now. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phattymatty

BHop still thinks theres going to be a fight against Jones Jr.  Who the farg wants to see that piece of shtein match?

The highlight of that card was Danny Garcia.  Dude looks legit. 

ice grillin you

pretty crazy first round in this johnson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

shady boxing decisions continue

reese125

phattymatty

going to a huge title bout is one of the things on my sports list that i have yet to do still but watching in a 100,000 seat stadium seems pretty pointless to me.

reese125

exactly--why would i want to sit in the upper decks to watch it on a big screen--which is basically what most heads will do. rather be on my sofa or in a bar

ice grillin you

theres a great bar in baltimore that shows all ppv fights for free...something ive never heard of before

phattymatty

i've haven't heard of a bar charging people for fights in 10 years.

SunMo

yeah, what bar doesn't show them for free?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

a pay per view fight with no cover charge or drink minimum?

ive seen a few bars in philly do it...tom and jerrys used to...ive never seen a bar in baltimore or dc do it

MDS

gots to be in vegas. gots to. gots.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 10, 2009, 11:56:20 AM
a pay per view fight with no cover charge or drink minimum?

i honestly haven't heard of a ppv cover charge since college. 

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons