Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

He owned the Ghost, barely lost to Calzage. Yes I would love to see him fight again, especially against RJJ. But a fight with Tito and see him confuse the ish out of him again would be fine. Hopkins has clearly not lost his ability to fight like some old timers, and his sick performance against the Ghost was awesome to watch.

ice grillin you

im glad he entertains you but im more concerend with his long term health...he already is having trouble talking....hes gonna be a veg before hes 50...45 year old men not be in professional boxing rings
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Have you followed his career, the dude has always talked like that, he gets hit less then the majority of fighters and the Ghost barely touched him. He is a old school defensive, crafty and some times dirty fighter. He gets in guys heads and owns them. Maybe you should send him a card and let him know how much you care. His mom wanted him to stop and thats worked well.

ice grillin you

no he hasnt...look at an interview from him earlier in his career his face and speech are much more in tact...hes probably going to be a mess no matter what but at this point he might be taking mad years off his life

hes got nothing left to prove and for his sake he needs to move on

DH

I love Hop, but its done, man. Why would anyone pay to see a fight that was great 10 years ago (Tito) or one that was great 15 years ago (RJJ)??

Boxing doesnt need him either...the torch has been passed to the next generation with Hatton, Pavlik, Manny, Arreola, etc. As much as I loved watching it, every time a guy like Hop beats a guy like Pavlik, boxing takes a step back. If the sport is gonna succeed long team, it needs to move on.

DH

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 24, 2009, 03:09:24 PM
He owned the Ghost, barely lost to Calzage. Yes I would love to see him fight again, especially against RJJ. But a fight with Tito and see him confuse the ish out of him again would be fine. Hopkins has clearly not lost his ability to fight like some old timers, and his sick performance against the Ghost was awesome to watch.

Barely lost to Calzage, think again man.  He did nothing in that fight.  I love B-Hop and he has done some amazing things, but I have to agree with everyone else he needs to hang them up. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

dh.....great minds....

and we all want him to hang it up because we love him...theres no need to preface saying we want him to retire with "i love b hop and all but..."

phillymic2000

Well I don't, ans I love him and all.

DH

i just dont understand the thinking...next weeks fight is gonna be MONEY. thats what boxing is all about - matchups like manny vs. hatton...not old washed up guys fighting each other now because they couldnt get the money right years ago for a rematch.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 25, 2009, 11:21:12 AM
i just dont understand the thinking...next weeks fight is gonna be MONEY. thats what boxing is all about - matchups like manny vs. hatton...not old washed up guys fighting each other now because they couldnt get the money right years ago for a rematch.

Yes this upcoming fight is legit with manny/hatton. THere is a draw out there for the other fight though.

phillymic2000

Carl Froch gets the huge KO with only 14 sec. left over Taylor. The judges had it for Taylor too, that sucks for him.

DH

Taylor is another dude who Im tired of...Each loss from here on takes away from his wins vs. Hop..

phillymic2000

He's got a serious conditioning issue, he always starts out on fire and strong and then he tires around rd. 6-7.

phillymic2000