Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

So long as we're entertaining fantasy matchups vs. Tyson...this is the fighter I'd run him up against:

Chuvalo had a whale's heart and could take a punch from anyone. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Come on, George?  his two TKO losses were against Foreman and Frazier. His biggest win was probably against Quarry, which is who I would compare him with. He had a big heart and one of the best chins, but did not have the firepower/skill to beat a top contender or champ. It would be an interesting fight, but I don't think he would have the firepower to stop Mike.

ice grillin you

i have no idea who would have won bwtn chuvalo and tyson but buster friggin douglas beat tyson in his prime so i dont think you can really for certain that any competant boxer from the past couldnt beat him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillymic2000

I'm not saying anyone from the past couldn't beat tyson. I'm sayin Chuvalo is cheaper version of Jerry Quarry, and I think Quarry would not be able to handle a prime Tyson. And yes Buster "beat" Tyson in his prime, not his best fight but in his prime. And Technically Buster lost that fight, watch the 8th round knockdown and you will see the ref blew the count, and blah blah blah tyson lost and deserved too with his performance, but he Ko'd buster in the 8th and in my imaginary little world ;D

PhillyPhreak54

I still loved to watch Iron Mike's crazy ass fight people. It was sad towards the end when he was getting knocked around, but in his early days, intimidation being the factor or not, his fights were fn to watch.

I would love to see boxing make a comeback like it was in the old days. Nothing was better than a good heavyweight fight.

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2009, 08:19:10 PM
I would love to see boxing make a comeback like it was in the old days. Nothing was better than a good heavyweight fight.

preach it

phattymatty

yusaf mack (philly guy) goes up against chris henry tonight.  should be a good fight.

phillymic2000

Quote from: phattymatty on February 06, 2009, 01:58:11 PM
yusaf mack (philly guy) goes up against chris henry tonight.  should be a good fight.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it, also Andre Ward vs. Sugar Poo on showtime.

And this tidbit, I'd love to see this fight.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=3210

Toney calls out Hopkins to fight at 185.

phillymic2000

What an awesome fight Guerrero vs. Rosado just throwing on each other.

ice grillin you

cant believe friday night fights is in salisbury md...one of the most depressing places on earth

ice grillin you

is everyones espn feed farged up or just mine

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2009, 10:28:32 PM
cant believe friday night fights is in salisbury md...one of the most depressing places on earth
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2009, 10:28:32 PM
so true, what a shtein town, looks like a ton of people just got stuck there
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

I really havent watched a boxing fight in a while, but Mack is pretty good from what i've seen.  He's Calm and waits for his spots, great power when he wants to let the fly.  LOL STreetfight