Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: SunMo on September 30, 2007, 06:54:47 PM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 30, 2007, 06:50:29 PM
I hear you Sun, but Pavlik was the hunter all night, he pursued JT the whole fight, constantly working him into the corner, never stopped coming on even after he got himself rocked in the second. I hope there is a rematch, I think Pavlik woill have an easier time the next go around. I want him to fight the winner of Kessler / Calzqaghe, maybe he will have the balls to fight them unlike JT.

i totally agree, but what i said earlier was the only rationale explanation to why JT was so far ahead...other than the fix being in, which was possible

I hear ya, I just was stunned to see that.

phillymic2000

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 30, 2007, 06:56:34 PM
The Phillies won the division.  The Eagles are playing in prime time tonight.

LET'S TALK BOXING!

Hey what a great example, JT (the mets) knocked Pavlik down early in the fight. Pavlik (the phils) kept figthin and knocked out JT late. How can you not see the comparison.

phillymic2000

Hatton vs. Mayweather 1 day away :crazy :crazy

In other news Hopkins opens his mouth again. I have loved following his career, but If JoE said this about a "black boy" not being able to beat him Jesse and the Rev. AL would be all over it.

QuoteHopkins-Calzaghe heats up!
B-Hop: I would never lose to a white person
Super Joe: He will lose to me
A fight nearly broke out between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe today during their first face-to-face meeting at the MGM Grand Media Center in Las Vegas. "I would never let a white boy beat me," Hopkins told reporters. "You can print that. I would never lose to a white person."  :slyHopkins also dissed Calzaghe's win over Mikkel Kessler. "Kessler is not in my league, man. Who is Kessler? You think Kessler was a true warrior?" Calzaghe stated, "He ducked me four years ago. He thinks he's a legend but he lost to Jermain Taylor twice and, believe me, he will lose to me.....He'll get his arse kicked, full stop. He's all mouth. He doesn't fight, he holds." Both fighters said they would make their showdown happen in 2008, possibly at Yankee Stadium in New York City.

SD_Eagle5

Mayweather's such a fool, I still laugh when I think about his fight with De La Hoya when he wore the Mexican colors.

Seabiscuit36

I'm not looking forward to this fight at all.  My buddy's brother said it best.  "That he's had better fights with his brother than he's ever seen Mayweather fight"  Floyd is gonna dance all night, and jab away, while hatton is going to try and get in tight, its going to = wasted money imo
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 08, 2007, 12:31:15 AM
Mayweather's such a fool, I still laugh when I think about his fight with De La Hoya when he wore the Mexican colors.

:-D

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phillymic2000

I want an upset, Floyd I think is taking this kid lightly. I'd love to see Hatton take him down a notch, will it happen probably not but I'll call it a ud for Hatton.

SD_Eagle5

I really wanted to see Hatton put Floyd in his place, but by the 3rd round I was so sick of the stupid Hatton wonderland chant that I started rooting for Mayweather. Mayweather is one of the all time greats.

phillymic2000

agreed on one of the greatest. The man is amazing in the ring.

BigEd76

Lots of class from the Brits booing the US anthem, even if it was Tyrese

PhillyPhreak54

I'm surprised their rotten teeth didn't fall out of their heads as they were booing.

Don Ho

were the limeys booing the anthem or mayweather?  damm fools.  beckham the ultimate Hoyda is coming here in february for an international tournament.  i'll be sure to throw coconuts at him.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

they booed the anthem, which was done before the fighter intros

reese125

Mayweather and De La Hoya on again. Though awesome to see....De La Hoya is all about making loot here because he has no shot. Mayweather is one of the best fighters Ive ever seen--sick accuracy

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3200384

phillymic2000

Well a couple of fights today:
The Russian Giant Valuev from what it sounds dismantled Liakhovich, to give him his rematch with champ and victor  Ruslan Chagaev

Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott: Tank time seems like it's passed him by, and Kimbo is the Youtube guy who beat up slow offensive lineman and is finally stepping in the ring. I hope Tank kicks the crap out of him but whatever.

Talyor vs. Pavlick rematch of one of the best fights in a while Pavlick down early holds on to stop Taylor in the first fight. Pavlick has a  slight edge going into the 6th imo, the busier of the two.