Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Then yes, you are correct.

Try watching one of the other 816 weight classes.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 20, 2007, 02:12:12 PM
Then yes, you are correct.

Try watching one of the other 816 weight classes.

I do quite often.  Unless it is some ridiculously priced ppv.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Anyone catch "The Contender" tonight on ESPN?  OK, nothing great.  I enjoyed the first season so much I'll give this some time.  Some interesting characters as usual.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

DH

Not that anyone probably gives a shtein, but Zab Judah will be fighting in FNF tonight....says if he wins, he wants Oscar next..

phillymic2000

Hatton Mayweather press conference was hilarious, Mayweather had been hounding Hatton all week. Hatton fired back with great comments and from the look of it has not let Mayweather get underneath his skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6XVTiE89Dg

phillymic2000

Match up tomorrow night on HBO between Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlick, should be interesting.

SD_Eagle5

Pavlik ko'd Taylor in the 7th to win the title. One of the best fights I've seen in a while. I thought Pavlik was done for when Taylor knocked him down in the 2nd, but Pavlik showed a ton of heart. So glad Taylor lost, I'm tired of his boring ass fights.

phillymic2000

just finished the fight, got a late start JT exposed against a physical fighter! The Ghost strikes !!! Way to go!!! Farg you Emanuel Steward with your easy fight!!

phillymic2000

OK a couple of things:

#1 How in the hell was Pavlik down by 3 rounds on one and 4 rounds on two other judges cards? both Pavlik and JT seemed stunned when they were told the scores at the time of k.o. by Larry.

#2 Usually can't stand Larry, but he actually asked a question, and then let both Pavlik and JT answer the question.

#3 Lennox Lewis had some really good insight on surving a beating like Pavlik did in the Second and about how a bloody nose effects your breathing and rythm.

#4 JT punked out by running out of the ring.

#5 JT looked shocked in the post fight interview, good God the size of the lump on his right cheek :o

#6 Maybe Emanuel shouldn't of hyped up JT by over and over saying Pavlik was an easy fight, made for JT.

#7 Congrats to Pavlik and New Middleweight Champ of the world.

SunMo

Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 30, 2007, 12:45:01 AM
OK a couple of things:

#1 How in the hell was Pavlik down by 3 rounds on one and 4 rounds on two other judges cards? both Pavlik and JT seemed stunned when they were told the scores at the time of k.o. by Larry.

i thought the same thing when Lampley gave the scores...the only thing i could come up with is that all the rounds were close and judges were of the mindset that Pavlik had to really win the rounds for them to give him the belt by decision.  i don't agree with that, but they could've been thinking that.  also, JT was landing a high percentage of power punches and jabs, so they could've been giving him the advantage over Pavlik because it took him less punches to land the same amount that Pavlik landed.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

You nailed it Sun. I hate the scorecards and wish they had a better system of scoring fights. As far as the judges go one judge was from Italy and his name was Guido and another was a dumb blonde chick so I wasn't expecting much accuracy.

Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 30, 2007, 12:45:01 AM

#2 Usually can't stand Larry, but he actually asked a question, and then let both Pavlik and JT answer the question.

When you look up smug in the dictionary there's a picture of Merchant next to the definition. He wasn' t bad lastnight though.

phillymic2000

I hear you Sun, but Pavlik was the hunter all night, he pursued JT the whole fight, constantly working him into the corner, never stopped coming on even after he got himself rocked in the second. I hope there is a rematch, I think Pavlik woill have an easier time the next go around. I want him to fight the winner of Kessler / Calzqaghe, maybe he will have the balls to fight them unlike JT.

SunMo

Quote from: phillymic2000 on September 30, 2007, 06:50:29 PM
I hear you Sun, but Pavlik was the hunter all night, he pursued JT the whole fight, constantly working him into the corner, never stopped coming on even after he got himself rocked in the second. I hope there is a rematch, I think Pavlik woill have an easier time the next go around. I want him to fight the winner of Kessler / Calzqaghe, maybe he will have the balls to fight them unlike JT.

i totally agree, but what i said earlier was the only rationale explanation to why JT was so far ahead...other than the fix being in, which was possible
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies won the division.  The Eagles are playing in prime time tonight.

LET'S TALK BOXING!