Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: Die-Hard on July 23, 2007, 03:02:33 PM
The Forest fight is free, no?

Yep, Hop/wright should be before that one.

phillymic2000

:crazy Hatton/ Floyd is on!!!

QuoteMayweather-Hatton is ON!

By Marc Abrams

There is an old adage that when "if you ask, you shall receive." and according to espn.com, Ricky Hatton's wish is Floyd Mayweather's command as the two stars have agreed to meet in what will amount to a big fight in December 8th in Las Vegas.

The bout will be for Mayweather's WBC Welterweight title which he chose to keep following his win over Oscar De La Hoya for the WBC Super Welterweight crown this past May 5th.

Hatton, 43-0 with 31 knockouts and Mayweather, 38-0 with 24 knockouts each are the recognized champions in their weight divisions. Hatton briefly was the WBA Welterweight champion after beating Luis Collazo in 2006 only to move back down to Jr. Welterweight where he scored wins over Juan Urango and an impressive stoppage over Jose Luis Castillo this past June 23rd.

The bout seemed to pick up steam after Hatton made disparaging remarks about Mayweather following the Castillo bout.

The bout will be televised on HBO Pay-Per-View and promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, who according to the same espn.com report could be on the verge of signing Hatton to a promotional contract.

Feva

Heard this earlier today... that's big.  :yay

Golden Boy keeps raking in the cash too.  Supposedly, he setting up to fight Hatton (as of a week or two ago), but now he's going to get a bigger payday and doesn't have to take a punch to do it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

DH

Cotto/Sugar Shane also.

Nice draw...wish it was Cotto/Mayweather though....if each wins their upcoming fights, Floyd v Miguel could be the 2008 PPV draw of the year...

phillymic2000

Both fighters have signed and are in for Dec. 8th.

QuoteMore on Mayweather-Hatton!
The card will be billed as "Undefeated" and is definitely on December 8. The event will be promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions televised on HBO Pay-Per-View. Several sites are interested in hosting the event and a location will be announced shortly. A global press tour is being planned to promote this event and ticket information will be announced in the near future.
Quotes:
Floyd Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) : I am the best fighter in boxing today and I'm prepared for any challenge my team puts in front of me. And with Ricky Hatton it's already personal. He has talked and disrespected me so much in the past months that I can't wait to get him in the ring and show him he is not even on my level. He's definitely getting knocked out."
Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs): I respect Floyd Mayweather immensely for his boxing ability and it will be an honor to share the same ring with him. He is rightly regarded as the best pound for pound boxer in the world. However, I am confident and determined that I will be the first boxer to beat him in the ring and I am looking forward to this fight.

DH

Roy Jones vs. Tito Trinidad - January 26th @ MSG.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

I was watching a documentary on the Cesar Chavez - Meldrick Taylor fight on HBO on Demand last night...

Holy shtein, what a fight. Richard Steele stopped it w/ 2 seconds left after Taylor was knocked down after he dominated Chavez throughout the whole fight. Controversy still flys regarding Steele and his relationship with Don King.

Taylor ended up in the hospital for a month afterwards, and from what they said it ended his career.

Crazy shtein.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 14, 2007, 01:34:11 PM
I was watching a documentary on the Cesar Chavez - Meldrick Taylor fight on HBO on Demand last night...

Holy shtein, what a fight. Richard Steele stopped it w/ 2 seconds left after Taylor was knocked down after he dominated Chavez throughout the whole fight. Controversy still flys regarding Steele and his relationship with Don King.

Taylor ended up in the hospital for a month afterwards, and from what they said it ended his career.

Crazy shtein.

One of the worst stops ever!!

Roy jones vs tito meh, RJJ will kill his slow but, and I hate both of them.

Diomedes

that Ali clip is stupefying beauty in motion..holy crap he was God on earth
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on August 15, 2007, 09:48:03 PM

On point. He was the reason boxing used to be a great spectator sport and the failure to find his equal is the reason that boxing is so awful now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: rjs246 on August 15, 2007, 10:23:30 PM

On point. He was the reason boxing used to be a great spectator sport and the failure to find his equal is the reason that boxing is so awful now.

That and about 1000 other reasons.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

DH

Boxing is far from awful. If promoters and networks didnt charge as much as they do for fights, people would understand that.

Ive been watching a bunch of recent fights and Im more into it now than I ever have been in the past....

Wanna see a good fight? Check out Marquez v. Vasquez from 8/4...Showtime on Demand is playing it till the end of the month. Sick sick shtein.

Rome

WHAT'S MY NAME!?!

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 17, 2007, 11:47:35 AM
Boxing is far from awful. If promoters and networks didnt charge as much as they do for fights, people would understand that.

Ive been watching a bunch of recent fights and Im more into it now than I ever have been in the past....

Wanna see a good fight? Check out Marquez v. Vasquez from 8/4...Showtime on Demand is playing it till the end of the month. Sick sick shtein.

I meant the heavyweights.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell