Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont believe in draws in boxing....ties are for gay sports like soccer

taylor should have won this fight....wright was a little bitch in the last round and didnt deserve anything

the champion has to lose the fight otherwise he wins

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2006, 12:06:23 AM
i dont believe in draws in boxing....ties are for gay sports like soccer

taylor should have won this fight....wright was a little bitch in the last round and didnt deserve anything

the champion has to lose the fight otherwise he wins

I agree with your point about the champ losing the fight, but this was too close to call.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i think it was to close to call after 11....and taylor won the last round

game set match

and this is coming from someone who wanted badly winky to win

Drunkmasterflex

I thought Taylor won too (coming from a guy who wanted Taylor to win), but it was not a bad decision.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

its a bad decision because draws are weak...if winky had won it wouldnt have been a bad decision...i just dont believe in ties in boxing...someone won that fight...in this case i belioeve it was taylor

reese125

that fight was a good one, and both these fighters gave it too each other. Taylor has some serious power and looked like he was going to be too much for him. Winky pussed out the last 2 rounds-Talyor didnt come aggressive enough to take it. way too close to give it to anyone based on the shots that landed from both corners. Good call on the draw and boxing gets to make more money on a rematch

SD_Eagle5

I'm not a Wright fan but he should have gotten the decision in that fight. Taylor is a fraud, he throws power punches that never connect but make for a good showing.

reese125

he did throw alot of non-connecting punches, you are correct sir. Alot of the times, these judges base their score per round off the crowd, ooohing and ahhhing off of junk...its ridiculous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 19, 2006, 12:31:38 AM
I'm not a Wright fan but he should have gotten the decision in that fight. Taylor is a fraud, he throws power punches that never connect but make for a good showing.

Wright's face sure showed otherwise, I don't know what fight you saw but Taylor hit him with some very good punches.

MadMarchHare

Fight was boring man.  Taylor's a total headhunter with bad form.  Wright was a better technician, but had a huge reach disadvantage.  When he did get inside, drive him to a corner, he really wasn't able to capitalize.  Draws are weak, but so was the fight.
Anyone but Reid.

MURP

Wright/Taylor was so boring i fell asleep for the final 3 rounds.  Woke up and it saw it was a draw.  Yawn.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on June 19, 2006, 12:53:50 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 19, 2006, 12:31:38 AM

Wright's face sure showed otherwise, I don't know what fight you saw but Taylor hit him with some very good punches.

Taylor's eye was much worse. And head butt my ass, Wright was connecting.

Wright's face was no worse than after any of his other fights, same can't be said for Taylor.

ice grillin you

if winky had even a modicum of power he would have easily won the fight...he style and gameplan was perfect  but he could be the weakest puncher ive ever seen in a world class fighter

reese125

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2503484

I mean...I know hes probably hard of hearing now and hasnt heard the rumors...but enoughs enough buddy

Feva

11 kids and an ex-wife who's making you pay for her mansion sitting on your property will make a mofo fight way longer than he should.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews