Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

itll be fixed, like every fight in boxing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

From fightnews.com:

QuoteNEWS FLASH
Tarver-Hopkins finalized!
The clash between Antonio Tarver and Bernard Hopkins has been officially completed with All-Star Boxing and Golden Boy Promotions agreeing to final details over the weekend. The bout, being billed as "Fight To The Finish"—which will take place in Atlantic City and distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View—will be formally announced March 21st in New York City followed by a three-city press tour that includes Philadelphia, Tampa/St. Petersburg and Los Angeles.

:-\ Tarver is comfortable at Lt. Heavy, Bhop has fought as a middle his entire career.

henchmanUK

Anyone see Joe Calzaghe beat the living shtein out of Jeff Lacy on Saturday?
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

NGM

Quote from: henchmanUK on March 07, 2006, 05:47:20 AM
Anyone see Joe Calzaghe beat the living shtein out of Jeff Lacy on Saturday?

I saw the replay last night.  I'm a huge Lacy fan (I love anyone with a monster left hook ala Joe Frazier) but Calzaghe made him look like a chump.  Enjoy your win you bastich, we still got the better landmass.   ;)
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

henchmanUK

Quote from: NGM on March 08, 2006, 12:20:35 PM
Enjoy your win you bastich, we still got the better landmass.   ;)

:-D I've always been a fan of Calzaghe, doesn't have a real big punch, but he is entertaining and was relentless against Lacy. Hope he gets a bumper payday now he looks to have got a friend in Showtime. Talk over here of stepping up and fighting Roy Jones Jr.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

NGM

You don't need a big punch when you fight like he did man.  That guy was farging relentless, he never gave Lacy a chance to breath.  I really hope Jones Jr. doesn't fight by the way, that dude is going to go the way of Apollo Creed.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

phillymic2000

Joe would DESTROY RJJ Roy should of took the fight with Bhop, he cannot take a shot anymore (never really could, but he was too fast to hit)

This weekend is a good matchup (at least it has potential) Toney vs. Rahman for Rahman's WBC title. I love the way Toney fights, older but still the best skilled heavy out there. Toney Wins by way of UD.

henchmanUK

Quote from: NGM on March 15, 2006, 07:51:04 AM
That guy was farging relentless, he never gave Lacy a chance to breath.

I think the most awesome thing about the fight was how he kept it up for 12 rounds. Calzaghe and Hatton are flying the flag well. Watch out for Amir Khan! :yay

SD_Eagle5

Mike Tyson's greatest hits is on ESPN right now. In his prime there was never a more dominant heavyweight.

MURP

:(  man last I watched that I was at the Irish Pub with Joneszilla.   bummer.

SD_Eagle5

Doesn't he get out soon? If anything they should let him out for St. Patty's Day.

MURP

i dunno, i thought his appeal was in Feb but i havnt heard anything in a while.  maybe Dio has had more recent contact. 

MDS

that dudes in jail? holy crap.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Toney and Rock fight to a draw, if it happens again Toney will win, Rock fought his best fight I've ever seen him fight, since the Lewis KO. No way he can do that again, Toney came in too heavy and off balance because of it. Toney Still can be the fat guys Champ!