Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Hopkins was farging robbed. I could give a flying farg what the biased score card said. He landed more punches, threw less, had more power punches, and had a way higher % land! Taylor missed with EVERYTHING! He threw a flurry of punches but basically made a lot of noise and missed badly. This decision was a farging disgrace. The announcers can suck a fleshpop. I was hoping Hopkins would sucker punch that smug little prick Merchant.

Drunkmasterflex

I thought Hopkins should have won but his style finally caught up to him.  He basically just walked around the first 8 rounds.  That said when it mattered most he whooped Taylor pretty good.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

THe thing with Hopkins is he has a style and does not go off course, he di not land enough counters early in the fight. Taylor was aggresive, but was not as dominant as Hopkins was inactive early. I thought Hopkins did enough late to win the fight. I am upset now for the next 6 months we have to hear everyone question him. I am looking forward to the rematch, hopefully Hopkins relizes that a little more earlier action and he either Ko's or wins easy. Merchant can kiss it, he is a scumbag imo, he always looks to get a fighter pissed off. Enjoy Hopkins titles while you have them Taylor, it is going to be short.

henchmanUK

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 20, 2005, 09:03:45 AM
EX

Corrected. ;) On a more serious point, Amir Khan, our silver medallist at lightweight in Athens, made his pro debut last night against a mechanic from London. :-D Didn't last two minutes. He's only 19, but looks awesome. Comparisons to Naseem will be made. :yay
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 17, 2005, 01:10:34 AM
THe thing with Hopkins is he has a style and does not go off course, he di not land enough counters early in the fight. Taylor was aggresive, but was not as dominant as Hopkins was inactive early. I thought Hopkins did enough late to win the fight. I am upset now for the next 6 months we have to hear everyone question him. I am looking forward to the rematch, hopefully Hopkins relizes that a little more earlier action and he either Ko's or wins easy. Merchant can kiss it, he is a scumbag imo, he always looks to get a fighter pissed off. Enjoy Hopkins titles while you have them Taylor, it is going to be short.

Agree 100% with your whole post.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Probably the next good heavy fight coming up. This will be a good test for Peter, Wlad has some boxing skills and some power. however I don't think Wlad is going to hold back the big fella, Wlad is going to sleep early in this one!!!

from fightnews.com:

QuoteIBF Orders Peter-Klitschko Box-off
Gotzev Declares "Moment of Truth" for Top Heavyweights.
Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter's manager, Ivalyo Gotzev, is declaring that the "moment of truth has arrived," for a top contender to step up and face his man, now that the IBF has ordered a box-off between Peter, 24-0 (21), and Wladimir Klitschko, 44-3 (40), to determine its new number-one contender (on the heels of last week's announcement that the WBC has also ordered a box-off between Peter and its top contender Sinan Samil Sam). "We want to thank both organizations for recognizing Samuel Peter and giving him the opportunity to become their top contender. We're looking at all options to see who will step up to the plate first. Samuel is ready to fight either guy, so it's time to put up or shut up." Gotzev says that Team Peter is overjoyed with the developments of the past couple weeks. "This is a great moment in Samuel's career and the outcome of this is going to determine the future of the heavyweight division. All the hard work is finally paying off. He's ready for anybody. Now is the moment of truth."

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

Castillo vs. Corrales II is on PPV on October 8th.  If the first fight is anything like the first we should be in for a real treat.

phillymic2000

Tarver / Jones again, They should really bring in Chris Tucker this time so he can stand over Jones and yell " You got knocked the farg out Mannnnnnnn"

From Fightnews.com:

QuoteTarver-Jones III on Oct 1st!
By Flattop
"It's done," announced promoter Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing to FightNews. "I am pleased to say that all parties have signed off and Antonio Tarver will meet Roy Jones Jr. on October 1st." DeGuardia, the promoter of Tarver, received the signed contracts from Jones on Wednesday morning. "It is going to be parity, fifty-fifty. Tarver certainly feels he should get more, but this fight goes beyond money. Both Tarver and Jones are true warriors and they want to see who is the best. This fight will happen because both fighters have an overwhelmingly desire to fight each again, to settle it in the ring once-and-for-all!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DeGuardia pointed out: "Their rivalry has existed since they were kids. Tarver chased Jones for years to get his chance. Nobody can light a fire under Tarver the way Roy does. You saw the fire in Tarver in the first and second fight and you will see it again on October 1st. But now Roy has that same fire. You can say what you want to about who won the first fight, but Tarver knew he won that fight and it only made the fire bigger. He was still on fire after he knocked out Roy in the second fight and that was why he fought (Glen) Johnson with same fire. Now Tarver has lit a fire underneath Jones. Roy never had a fighter talk to him like Tarver. Roy will never forget when Tarver asked him, 'Do you have any excuses tonight Roy?' And Tarver will never forget all those years he begged Jones for an opportunity."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is truly a trilogy that will go down in history. Today's generation will remember the Tarver vs. Jones trilogy in the same way that the previous generation looks at Ali vs. Frazier. You can talk about Gatti vs. Ward being a great trilogy, but Tarver vs. Jones is the two best light heavyweights in the world. That is why this fight is so compelling. It is a fight that the fans want to see and it's a fight that the fighters want to fight. This is truly a fight for history."
The site hasn't been determined but DeGuardia indicated that there is no shortage of venues seeking to land the highly anticipated rubber match between the current King of the Light Heavyweights and the living legend. DeGuardia indicated that the FedExForum in Memphis and Mandalay Bay in Vegas have expressed interest in hosting the fight. Both venues have a bittersweet history with the fighters. Tarver lost a narrow decision to Jones in November 2003 and he knocked Jones out in two rounds in May 2004 at the Mandalay Bay. Jones lost his comeback fight to Glen Johnson in September 2004 and Tarver won his rematch against Johnson in June 2005 at the FedExForum. Tarver vs. Jones III will be promoted by Star Boxing in association with Square Ring.
Of course, the name of Glen Johnson figures prominently when you talk about future fights for Tarver or Johnson but DeGuardia did not want to look ahead when asked about a rubber match with Johnson. "Right now Tarver has to take this one. There are big fights out there for Tarver, such as (Bernard) Hopkins, (Joe) Calzghe or a third fight with Johnson, but right now Jones is our only focus." DeGuardia summarized the intensity of Tarver-Jones III with this observation: "Tarver has a score to settle and he will not be happy until he knocks Roy out again!"

mussa

id like to see jones farg him up

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: mussa on July 28, 2005, 01:47:32 PM
id like to see jones farg him up

Yeah me too! I can't stand watching Tarver, it actually shocks me that Jones got knocked out by him and Johnson neither is that good imo.  I guess it just shows how far Jones has fallen.

MURP

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.