Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Quote from: dpierce on May 11, 2005, 03:14:33 PM
Quote from: CSD on May 11, 2005, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: dpierce on May 11, 2005, 03:09:50 PM
Just heard on Fox Sports Radio: James Toney tested positive for steroids and will likely be stripped of his newly won title.

Impossible! A flabby guy on steroids? That can't be right. [/sarcasm]

Ask Jim Miller. ;)

:-D

oh god, does this mean Ruiz is back?   :sly

CSD

Quote from: MURP on May 11, 2005, 03:34:34 PM
Quote from: dpierce on May 11, 2005, 03:14:33 PM
Quote from: CSD on May 11, 2005, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: dpierce on May 11, 2005, 03:09:50 PM
Just heard on Fox Sports Radio: James Toney tested positive for steroids and will likely be stripped of his newly won title.

Impossible! A flabby guy on steroids? That can't be right. [/sarcasm]

Ask Jim Miller. ;)

:-D

oh god, does this mean Ruiz is back?   :sly

Yes it does. I just read the article and he has unretired.

The torture continues......

Drunkmasterflex

They finally put the Corrales/Castillo fight on ON Demand.  I watched it and it without a doubt lives up to the hype.  The 10th round in that fight is perhaps the greatest round I have ever witnessed in my life.  My Dad even said the same thing and he has watched a ton of great fights.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

great fight, cant beleive Carrales came back in that round.  great stuff.   :yay

phillymic2000

Just back from Disney, and I am pissed over the Toney / Ruiz Crap. He better get another shot at that wate of a Heavyweight. And Norman Stone should shut his trap,  this is the same camp that would not talk to the media after the fight, sore losers!

The Corrales / Castillo fight was out of this world, I cannot beliver Corrales came back in the tenth like that, what an awesome fight.

Trinidad Got beat tonight :crazy I really hate that punk!! Now Winky can fight Hopkins after Bernard beats Taylor!

phillymic2000

From fightnews.com:

QuoteTrinidad retires!
By Miguel Morales
Upon his arrival Sunday in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Felix "Papa" Trinidad announced that he is retiring from working in boxing. His son, middleweight contender Tito Trinidad, said that he will retire, too, if his dad won't be in his corner. Tito said that he and his father are responsible people and this will be a "definite decision."

:-D yeah just like the first time toolbag!

Tito is like the kid at the playground who takes his ball and goes home when things do not go his way, sucker...

CSD

I guess Bernard Hopkins will now have to end his career with a fight against Winky Wright instead of Trinidad like he planned. He'll probably be disappointed because it will mean less money but it will make for a better fight.

And how about Peter Manfredo beating Alfonso Gomez last night on The Contender to reach the finals? It was an awesome fight and Peter finally got his revenge. I would love to see those two fight a rubber match on HBO in the near future.

Jesse vs The Snake this Sunday  for the right to face Peter in the finals, which will be aired live next Tuesday night.

MURP

i wonder how far apart these guys fights are?  Seems like they have no recovery time.  I thought that might be a little dangerous.

CSD

Quote from: MURP on May 16, 2005, 04:14:19 PM
i wonder how far apart these guys fights are?  Seems like they have no recovery time.  I thought that might be a little dangerous.

I think it's only a few days.

But I'm pretty sure the two fighters who make the finals have plenty of rest time to prepare for that fight.

CSD

BTW, for those that didn't see the Trinidad-Wright fight (like me), they are replaying it on Saturday night on HBO after the Lamon Brewster - Andrew Golota heavyweight bout.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on May 16, 2005, 04:14:19 PM

For the final four fights they only have a few days.  I don't know how dangerous it is, it's not like they are going twelve rounds.  Back in the day fighters used to fight every week. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

yeah but we all know they dont make em like they did back in the day.  concrete charlie!  ;)

dpierce

I didn't know that Sergio Mora fought Jermain Taylor for the final spot of the Olympic boxing team until today. I know The Latin Snake got skills, but I didn't know that he went toe to toe with Taylor until today. He also sparred with and was hired by Fernando Vargas's team a few years ago.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

phillymic2000

Brewster ko's Golota in 53 seconds.... Three left hooks puts Golota on the deck 3 times and ends the fight. Surprising to me, Golota has had 2 good fights in a row, oh well next fight please

CSD

Golota got SMOKED!!

Time for him to look for a day job.  :-D