Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

trying to keep the amount of massive threads down a bit.

anyone else hear that Max Kellermans brother was murdered a couple weeks ago?   Supposedly he was good friends with that boxer who punched his opponent out in the ring barehanded... and that boxer was staying with Kellerman.  Police are looking for him.

I missed the last Klit fight... hopefully on demand.  anyone see it?

phillymic2000

did anyone catch the Tszyu/ Mitchell fight Saturday night? It was a rematch of their first one 3 yrs ago. Mitchell was stopped by TKO mainly due to a bum knee. He was wanting and talking about this rematch since then. Well he got his shot, right on his chin 3 times down with a 3rd round TKO victory for Tszyu. Tszyu had not foguht in over 22 months. It was an exciting 3 rds.

phillymic2000

From fightnews.com

QuoteReports out of England have undisputed middleweight champion Bernard Hopkins putting his four titles on the line against "The Battersea Bomber" Howard Eastman on February 19. Expect Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions to promote the fight.

:boo I do not like this fight at all. I wish a jr. middle would step up, a super middle come down and give Hop a good fight. He can only fight guys in his division, but no one really wants to fight this guy, which is good thing in a way.

NGM

Did you watch the fights this weekend PM?  I saw that Ruiz and Byrd won but haven't seen anything about the Holyfield fight.  Any insights?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

from fightnews on Holyfield:

Former four-time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield was easily outpointed by Larry Donald Saturday night at Madison Square Garden. Donald was simply too young (at age 37!!), too fast and too good for the faded ring legend as he landed hard combinations almost at will. Holyfield was only able to muster one shot at a time, but gave fight fans one short glimmer of his former brilliance when he rocked Donald in the tenth. Unforunately for Evander, he didn't have the energy to follow up. Donald took the last two rounds and won 119-109, 119-109, 118-109. Donald improves to 42-3-2 with 24 KOs. Holyfield falls to 38-8-2 with 25 KOs. He has now just won two of his last nine. When asked if he would continue his career, Holyfield responded "Why not?" He said he still believes he can win the heavyweight title, but conceded that he may reconsider plans to continue after having time to think about it.

NGM

Evander has always been my favorite but he needs to hang it up.  He is going to end up like Meldrik Taylor.

MURP

couldnt get the link to work right... but Holyfield is suspended in NY

QuoteNEW YORK - Evander Holyfield was suspended indefinitely by New York boxing officials in the wake of his loss Saturday night to journeyman Larry Donald.

The suspension means the 42-year-old former four-time heavyweight champion will have to seek medical clearance if he wants to fight again.

After losing a lopsided decision to Donald, Holyfield said he still plans to fight. Holyfield won only one round on one scorecard and two on the other two in the 12-round fight.

Holyfield has won only two of his last nine fights, and took a beating a year ago from James Toney. Donald didn't hurt him, but Holyfield landed only 78 punches of his own over 12 rounds, according to ringside statistics compiled by Compubox.

Holyfield told the New York Daily News on Monday that the New York State Athletic Commission was involved in a "conspiracy" to get him out of boxing and that he would contest the ban.

NGM

Good find MURP.  That makes me happy.  Maybe other teams will follow suit.

RomeyRome

Evander has to pay for all 300 of his kids around the country.  That is a lot of child support payments, and considering he is a "rich and famous" boxer, they are probably seeking rediculous money from him.
He needs to realize that his health is more important than his riches going bye bye to greedy groupies.

MURP

heh, I think Evander has enough money for all them and then some.  Ever see his house... i mean castle?

MURP

Wright beat Mosley again.  lol.  Mosley is such a sucka

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on November 22, 2004, 11:16:16 PM
Wright beat Mosley again.  lol.  Mosley is such a sucka

I watched that fight on Saturday. Wright toyed with him the entire fight.

MDS

Douchebag Lewis coming out of retirment for $39.5 mil to fight Vitali Klitschko

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1973545

Fight later this year....I hope Lewis gets killed.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Yeah it sucks, I wish Klit would fight another Champ to try and get the belts together...

MURP

I agree, hope Lewis gets demolished!