Hockey Poll

Started by Wingspan, July 29, 2005, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which kind of hockey person are you as far as hockey habits regarding the rule/cap changes?

I was a fan before the lockout, I'm a fan now.
10 (50%)
I was a fan before the lockout, I dont care much now.
4 (20%)
I was a fan before the lockout, I hate it now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, but will be now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, but am interested now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, that wont change.
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Phanatic

I always viewed hockey as a pure sport. If you can't win the game win the fight and send a message for next time type of stuff. Now that their trying to take all that out of the game more and more my interest has been fading a bit. All the traping surely made the games less interesting too. Then they strike. It is hard to let go of the addiction though. I'll probably catch as many games as I can, but I'm not buying center ice again. Maybe I'll go back after a bit. I'll have to wait and see. If the game opens up again I'll probably get caught up in it again. Beer and hockey is only 2nd to Beer and football really.

It would figure that the Flyers win the cup after a strike year when interest is low. Not saying they will though. So can Hitch coach without the trap? I thought the trap was his thing.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

NGM

Check out the avatar.  How about bringing home Lord Stanley's Cup this year fellas.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Phanatic on July 31, 2005, 09:16:12 PM
I always viewed hockey as a pure sport. If you can't win the game win the fight and send a message for next time type of stuff. Now that their trying to take all that out of the game more and more my interest has been fading a bit. All the traping surely made the games less interesting too. Then they strike. It is hard to let go of the addiction though. I'll probably catch as many games as I can, but I'm not buying center ice again. Maybe I'll go back after a bit. I'll have to wait and see. If the game opens up again I'll probably get caught up in it again. Beer and hockey is only 2nd to Beer and football really.

It would figure that the Flyers win the cup after a strike year when interest is low. Not saying they will though. So can Hitch coach without the trap? I thought the trap was his thing.

Phanatic, do you live in the Philly area?  The only reason I get Center Ice is because otherwise, I'd be stuck watching mainly the Florida Panthers (with the very occasional Lightning game).  I really only watch the Flyers, and perhaps a few select big games, on CI.  Besides, out of the sports I watch regularly (NFL, MLB, NHL), hockey is my wife's least favorite.

If I lived in the Philly area, I wouldn't have CI.  Then again, I probably wouldn't have any of the packages.  ;D
I may need to cling onto CI even more this year, depending on what kind of national package the NHL can get.

Sgt PSN

Phanatic's a sissy who lives in Saint Louise along with Demon, his brother in law.  And by brother in law I really mean cock jockey. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: DoomKitty on August 07, 2005, 01:10:04 PM
I was a hockey fan, but now I could care less about hockey  :deion

sucks for you. Why would not care less if you WERE a hockey fan before?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Phanatic

Quote from: SSgt PSN on July 31, 2005, 10:48:57 PM
Phanatic's a sissy who lives in Saint Louise along with Demon, his brother in law.  And by brother in law I really mean cock jockey. 

Yeah Geo I live in St. Louis so CI is the only way I used to get the Flyers games. That and watching the Flyers beat St. Louis once a year here. Which they always seem to do much to Demon's frustration. Pssst... he's a Blues fan!!

Sassy's still jealous of our "8th row behind the visitors bench" tickets for the KC game. I don't like to keep cock jockey kind of stuff in the family. Complicates family reunions and I grew up in North East Philly not West Virginia...  :paranoid
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 07, 2005, 01:35:49 PM
I was a hockey fan, but now I could care less about hockey :deion

If this is how you type now we're gonna need a new editor.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2005, 02:07:49 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 07, 2005, 01:35:49 PM
I was a hockey fan, but now I could care less about hockey :deion

If this is how you type now we're gonna need a new editor.

LOL, I actually posted half of that and then came back and finished it later and it didn't quite fit.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

I'm gonna need Satoshi to do an Engrish to English translation on that.

The man. The myth. The legend.