The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 30, 2018, 11:18:09 AM
yeah i am deathly scared of the ocean....worst fear ever is falling off a cruise ship and not dying and then just wading in the water as the boat slowly moves further and further away from you until its lights just disappear

I'm going on my first cruise in April/May and have a balcony room. Like with planes I am usually ok on big boats. Put me on a small plane or small boat and I have problems (in the ocean). In lakes or whatever it doesn't usually affect me.

One time it did though. My friend had just bought a new boat - one that you'd use for water skiing. He was bound and determined to take it out despite it being rainy. So we get to the lake and we put it in but it ends up clearing up. It was me, him, his wife and three kids. However we got once of those afternoon pop up severe storms that are common and we're stuck in the lake. We tried to make it to a cove for cover and it wasn't happening. Lightning is getting close and hitting the water. I was convinced I was going to die. The waves were like that video clip because its a small boat. Water is coming in, lightning getting worse...farg me.

We finally made it to the dock and I wanted to knock him out. I may have done it were I not shivering like a leaf and his kids weren't there. And then the dumbass was like "we weren't in danger" Bro....we're the tallest goddamn things in the middle of the lake gtfo

SD

ice grillin you

im fine with a lake.....farg the mother farging ocean tho and all its creatures
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

yeah starting floating around and have some prehistoric looking fish brush up against you....nooooo sir

General_Failure

The prehistoric fish are usually at a depth where you'd hopefully be dead already.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

SD isn't fazed because he interacts with a more horrible creature every time custody changes.

ice grillin you

this just posted on my local weather

QuoteIMPORTANT ALERT: Destructive burst of winds *poss* Friday AM in region. We don't say this often, but please share, and take this seriously. Not a sure thing, but it's really important folks check conditions in the morning & not venture out if it's bad.

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

MDS

it took me 2 hours drive home from kop and the snow was disgusting wet heavy sloppy gross...if its gonna snow and farg everything up at least be nice
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Geowhizzer

farging hot here today.  90 on March 2.

hbionic

It drizzled out where I'm out. I was wearing a jacket thinking it was going to rain, and then it warmed up and now I was over dressed for the weather. Pretty annoying.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

anyone know how to find how much rain we got overnight?  that was some storm.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD