*Michael* Vick

Started by Zanshin, November 18, 2003, 08:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Knock off that "Mike" stuff, buddy.  Just thought this was amusing.

QuoteVick reverses field on Name

By MATT WINKELJOHN
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

Flowery Branch -- Michael Vick apparently is serious about his recently stated preference not to be called "Mike."

As a rookie in 2001, the Falcons quarterback said he didn't care which name was used, and some media used Mike largely because coach Dan Reeves and most of Vick's teammates call him Mike. Monday, however, he repeated his new stance.

"Spread the word. I want to go back to being 'Michael,' " he said with a smile. "My mom [Brenda Boddie] is giving me a hard time about it. She said, 'I didn't name you Mike; I named you Michael.' "

PoopyfaceMcGee

Would love to see his brother constantly referred to as "Marc" now....

SunMo

QuoteFalcons | Vick not understanding team's offense
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:39:52 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick admitted he is "lost" about the team's offensive philosophy and wonders why the passing game doesn't use more short, slant patterns. Vick said, "We're not dinking and dunking the way it's supposed to be done. It may be hurting me. It may be hurting the offense. I'm a little lost right now."

wow, i'm so surprised.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Shocker. Being that he's such a genius I never would've expected this from him.

rjs246

It's normal for a player to be three years into his starting QB assignment and to be 'lost' in the offense, right? He's totally a Pro-Bowler! He won't be starting within 3 years. Book it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

The fact he's a Pro Bowler shows had retarded fans are.

Zanshin

lol...I saw this thread and thought..."Man, didn't I write about that a few years ago?"  And, yep.  Excellent use of the search feature.

SunMo

ha, i didn't even realize it was from 2003.  i didn't think this dummy deserved a new thread.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I hope he gets more herpes. In his eyes.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

It's normal for a player to be three years into his starting QB assignment and to be 'lost' in the offense, right?

three years in is when a player normally finishes the first chapter of andys 'west cost offense for dummies' playbook
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MadMarchHare

Yeah, but like our WCO is totally more complicated than theirs.  I mean, they run the ball and stuff.
Anyone but Reid.

Feva

Quote from: Sun_Mo on February 09, 2006, 08:47:07 AM
ha, i didn't even realize it was from 2003.  i didn't think this dummy deserved a new thread.

Well, Vick being lost in his own offense ain't exactly a newsflash.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

Do you think Marcus will ask to be called by his real name when in prison and knicknamed "fresh meat?"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

he better start picking up the offense soon.  a few more seasons like their last one, and he starts losing a step, he'll be a pine monkey.  then he won't have to worry about being called mike or michael.  it'll be herp bubble, or michelle.. cry baby, whiner, mamas boy.

EJ72

How about a compromise between Michael and Mike?

Mikey Vick. It has a ring to it.

Does this mean people are supposed to call him Ronald Mexico now, too? :paranoid