2006 Free Agent Tracker - Defense

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 14, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Gardner and Caver - yes.  Wayne?  Not really.  He made some nice plays for the team and they didn't spend a high draft pick on him.  Gardner and Caver never did one remarkable thing as Eagles, and they were both 2nd rounders.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 05, 2006, 10:46:09 AM
Gardner and Caver - yes.  Wayne?  Not really.  He made some nice plays for the team and they didn't spend a high draft pick on him.  Gardner and Caver never did one remarkable thing as Eagles, and they were both 2nd rounders.

Wayne was worthless unless it was a MNF game.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but his existence doesn't pain me as much as the others, still.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on May 05, 2006, 10:37:39 AM
QuoteNate Wayne, Barry Gardner, Quinton Caver

does anyone else feel sick when reading that? :puke

Speak of the Devil:

QuotePatriots sign LBs Barry Gardner and Jeremy Loyd   

The Patriots added a pair of linebackers to the roster today by signing veterans Barry Gardner and Jeremy Loyd.

The New England Patriots signed veteran free agent linebackers Barry Gardner and Jeremy Loyd this afternoon. Terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Gardner, 29, joins the Patriots for his eighth NFL season after previously playing for the Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2002), Cleveland Browns (2003-04) and New York Jets (2005). The 6-foot-1-inch, 245-pound linebacker has played in 110 career games with  24 starts and has recorded 186 career tackles (130 solo), two sacks, one interception, seven passes defensed , three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Additionally, the Northwestern product has made 92 career special teams tackles. Last season with the Jets, Gardner played in all 16 games with one start. He set career highs with 13 starts and 57 tackles with the Eagles in 2000. The Harvey, Ill. native was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the second round (35th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft. He signed with the Browns as an unrestricted free agent on March 14, 2003 and joined the Jets as an unrestricted free agent on March 11, 2005. Gardner was released by the Jets on Feb. 22, 2006.

Loyd, 25, will enter his third full NFL season in 2006 after spending portions of the last three seasons with the St. Louis Rams (2003-05). The 6-foot-2-inch, 235-pound linebacker has played in 14 career NFL games and has recorded 10 special teams tackles and no defensive statistics. Loyd was originally signed by the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted rookie free agent on June 2, 2003. He was released by the Browns following 2003 training camp and signed to the Rams� practice squad on Sept. 10, 2003. St. Louis then signed him to its active roster five days later and he participated in 10 games as a rookie in 2003. He missed the entire 2004 campaign on injured reserve and was released by the Rams following 2005 training camp on Aug. 31, 2005. Loyd was later re-signed by St. Louis and played in the final four games of the 2005 season, recording four special teams tackles.

Beermonkey

While Arrington is no longer a FA, his move to SAM may forebode the release of Emmons & his eventual reclamation by the Eagles.

QuoteGiants | Arrington explains why team moved him to strongside
Tue, 9 May 2006 23:22:09 -0700

Mike Garafalo, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Giants LB LaVar Arrington explained why the team is moving him to strongside linebacker. He said defensive coordinator Tim Lewis wants him closer to the ball and Arrington added, "Coach Lewis wants me closer to the ball, which means I'm closer to the quarterback. Closer to the quarterback means ... well, you know what that means. Hopefully, that equates to the quarterback going down."

Geowhizzer

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 22, 2006, 09:00:34 PM
Lions release Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson

Wilkinson wasn't exactly a bust but he was as close as you can come without actually being one.

Talk about massively unfulfilled potential...

Feva

Giants are releasing Will Peterson.

Sucks that he could never really recover from that back injury.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

Sucks for him maybe.  He was pretty good.  Can't say I miss him being around one bit.

edit:  for those who don't wanna Ctrl+F to find the story in that link, here it is:
Giants to release Peterson
Giants cornerback Will Peterson, who has suffered a series of back injuries in the last three years, has been told by the team he will be released soon because he failed a physical, according to someone who recently spoke to Peterson.

The person requested anonymity because the move won't be official until the team files it with the league.

Peterson, the Giants' third-round pick in 2001, was placed on injured reserve in 2003 with a stress fracture in his back. He did not experience any problems the following season, but developed hot spots close to his previous stress fracture last year. He was kept on the active roster until December, when he was placed on injured reserve.

The Giants made several additions to the secondary this off-season partly because they were uncertain if Peterson would return this year. They signed cornerbacks Sam Madison and R.W. McQuarters while adding a few more rookie corners in the draft and as free agents.

Peterson signed a five-year contract extension before the 2004 regular season. It is unclear at this point how much his release will cost against the salary cap.

Contributed by Mike Garafolo
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Jason Fisk signs with St. Louis....1 yr

Dillen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

That sucks.  All I need is a bunch of these asshats giving me shtein because he works out great for them....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SunMo

Quote from: Father Demon on September 05, 2006, 10:44:19 AM
All I need is a bunch of these asshats giving me shtein because he works out great for them....

don't worry, it won't
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.