2006 Free Agent Tracker - Defense

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 14, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

raheem brock is not going to be enormously paid.  it would be nice to finally sign him years after we drafted him.

i want hank poteat too.

sweet, sweet poteats.

Rome

Saw this on ESPN Insider and got a chuckle out of it...

QuoteChiefs, Dolphins eyeing Law
<Feb. 16> With Law apparently finished in New York, the Chiefs and new coach Herm Edwards are expected to show interest, the Kansas City Star reports.
Law visited the Chiefs during the free-agency period last year, but Kansas City ended up signing Miami cornerback Patrick Surtain. The Chiefs will have to clear some space under the NFL cap and are expected to approach several players about restructuring their contracts to create cap space.

The 32-year old wants to play for a Super Bowl contender, and suggested the Dolphins might fit that description, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

"There are a lot of teams interested," Law told the Kansas City Star. "Miami is talking about getting Steve McNair down there, and if the Dolphins get a quarterback, they're a real contender for the Super Bowl. That's what it's all about for me right now. I need to win another title."

Law is seeking "around $10 million" in guaranteed bonus money. In his one season with the Jets, he led the NFL in interceptions with 10 (a career high) and earned his fifth Pro Bowl berth.

If the Dolphins get a quarterback, huh?  Don't they already have a quarterback??  A couple, in fact?

Nothing like endearing yourself to prospective teammates.

Knucklehead.

::)

Also - Super Bowl contenders??  Hilarious!   :-D :-D

PhillyGirl

Did Law REALLY say that the Dolphins are SB contenders?  :o
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

The Phins have several players at the QB position but no actual quarterbacks. 

Zanshin

SB contenders might be overkill...but if they get a legit QB and some secondary help, they'll be pretty darn good.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 16, 2006, 08:22:13 AM
Quote from: Philly Forever on February 16, 2006, 02:31:12 AM
That probably means we go DE in the draft.

Dammit, I really don't want to be stuck with Cole starting.
Why not?

It doesn't really matter who starts anyways. They'll all get time in the rotation. And I doubt they go after a high priced guy. It'll be a role player like Aaron Kampman and a drafted guy, I bet.

And I was shocked that KVB got $15M guaranteed too. All that does is drive up the market. :boo

I want a dominant pass rusher in there to replace Coles. Someone who has proven he can dominate the LOS. If I could have one thing and only one thing this offseason it would be that.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MURP

Chargers | Contract update: C. Hart
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:52:53 -0800

San Diego Chargers S Clinton Hart's new, three-year contract included base salaries of $460,000 (2006), $545,000 (2007) and $605,000 (2008).

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

QuoteBroncos | Coleman decides to retire
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 05:49:32 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DE Marco Coleman has decided to retire from the NFL after a 14-year career. He played the past two seasons with the Broncos.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's a shame.  I was hoping the Eagles could bring him in to shure up the DL.

PhillyPhreak54

Broncos re-signed DE John Engleberger

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Feva

It costs the Jets $8.3 mil to franchise him.  That's a lot of money for a team $26 mil over the cap.  They've got to be hoping to trade him.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

NFL channel (Sirius)

Jets: Ty Law won't be back