Punch

Started by Yeti, August 02, 2005, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

I went to the mall to get a CD the other day.  A "metro" guy was working in the store.  He came over and asked if he could help me find something.  I said no.  I had the strange urge to punch him in the face.  I found what I was looking for and took it to the counter.  He says "Did you find what you were looking for?"

I got it in my fargin hand don't I?

I know he was trying to be helpful but now I really had an overpowering desire to punch him.  Just reach across the counter, pull him forward and punch him right in the face.  Is this a normal thought process that occurs once in a while or should I be in an anger management program?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

MadMarchHare

I'd go with the latter.  A little hostile lately?
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

I get the urge to punch people in the face all the time. I haven't followed through on it in years. I think that's probably a good thing, but the urge is still alive and kicking.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

the guy who works the cash register in the company cafeteria does this. i dont eat their but get my coffee in the mornings...he says (as i have the coffee and exact change for him): "Is that all?"

um....dumb shtein...if i wanted something else, i would have gotten it before i came up to you!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MadMarchHare

What, not enough people around with prosthetic limbs?
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

Quote from: MadMarchHare on August 02, 2005, 11:09:09 AM
What, not enough people around with prosthetic limbs?

That wasn't a spontaneous urge. That dude asked for it, I warned him, and then he got hit. I think Yeti is refering to people with all of their limbs who just look like they could use a few knuckles in the eye.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Perfectly normal, Yeti.  I'd be concerned if you didn't want to punch people in the face.

Today, I want to punch the Accenture consultant who keeps sending me the same tests with the same defect over and over.  Dude..I got it.  Now let me punch you in the face!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Most Accenture employees could use a nice shot to the jaw.

I have resisted the urge to punch anyone in the face for well over a year now.

General_Failure

As long as someone understands that you have the urge to punch them in the face you can get half the satisfaction of actually punching them without having to do so. Problems come up when they don't notice you fighting this urge.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Mad-Lad

it's pretty standard for retail clerks to ask if you've found everything.  Trust me, there's plenty of idiot shoppers who have no clue where they are or what they're doing.

For instance,  while working at Borders (on Michigan Ave), Randy Johnson came up to the music department.  A co-worker asked for his autograph and Unit said "not now".  The co-worker, dejected, came over to the Information desk where i was stationed to fill me in on his autograph situation.  I told him, "don't worry.  he'll come over here (a desk clearly marked "INFORMATION DESK" with a sign that says "PAY DOWNSTAIRS") to see if he can pay.  Sure enough, he brought his stack of Allman Brothers CDs over and said "can I pay here?"

dumbass.

I wanted to punch Billy Corgan in the face when he came in for a Doors Boxed Set, but that had more to do with the fact that he's Billy Corgan.

Yeti

You shoulda said "The Big Unit clearly doesn't apply to your brain."

Hbionic

General_Failure

Quote from: Yeti on August 02, 2005, 11:46:47 AM

Because it's a good idea to piss off a guy that can throw a 100 mph fastball.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: General_Failure on August 02, 2005, 11:48:37 AM

I imagine he could throw an Allman Brothers CD pretty hard.

4and26

Quote from: Wingspan on August 02, 2005, 11:08:55 AM
the guy who works the cash register in the company cafeteria does this. i dont eat their but get my coffee in the mornings...he says (as i have the coffee and exact change for him): "Is that all?"

um....dumb shtein...if i wanted something else, i would have gotten it before i came up to you!

Or my personal favorite .. meet the guys for beers and wings every Monday night.  Bill usually comes to say 20-25 bucks.  You give the gal say 30 bucks and her response is always "do you want your change back"  OF Couse I want my change back. . .I'll leave my tip on the table for you.

Yeti

Quote from: General_Failure on August 02, 2005, 11:48:37 AM

Baseball players fight like girls.

Hbionic