Random Musings about Fantasy Football thread

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Diomedes

I gather there are a lot of people crying about the Yahoo fantasy redesign.

I don't see what the fargin problem is.  It looks fine, works fine.  Bitches.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

It's ok.  Don't hate, don't love it either.  One thing I liked about Yahoo was that they always kept it simple. 

phattymatty

is dio calling out something that may or may not be happening?

ice grillin you

this is the 15th year of our league and the guy im playing this week is within ten pts of setting the single week scoring record
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I left Boldin on the bench in my non :CF league. I'll still probably win because I've got Cruz tonight and Arian & Garçon tomorrow night and I'm only down 9, but still....I hate leaving that many points on the bench and would much rather go to bed tonight knowing I've got it wrapped up.

Sgt PSN

It's gotta be a glitch, but Yahoo's projected points are all identical to the final points totals for each player, which really sucks if you want to see how good/bad your individual players did in comparison to what their projections were.  Looks like they're trying to do live updates to their projections during the games, which is stupid. 

Also, their mobile app shtein the bed yesterday.  They pushed out an update which made it partially functional, but if you play in more than 1 yahoo league, you can't switch back and forth between leagues without completely closing the app and restarting it each time you want to view a different league. 

SD

I had the second most points in my other league. Unfortunately for me I went against the guy with the most points. He already won and still has foster and desean to play tonight.

Sgt PSN

Cruz came through for me big time last night.  I was trailing by 20something heading into SNF and now I'm up 10.  My opponent still has Shady and Houston D, but I've got Foster and Garcon so I'm feeling pretty good about this one, especially since this other league I'm in puts almost no emphasis on defensive scoring. 

Zanshin

Sorry, guys. Since I don't need Foster to win this week I've already drafted a letter to Kubiak telling him to give Arian some R&R to make sure he's ready for when I do need him. I wish I knew you needed him earlier, but I already hit send, so it's practically a done deal.

SD

Girl on my team has the Skins as her 33 team. So she won $320. She won it twice last year too. Bitch

PhillyPhreak54

lolol

women always win shtein like that. same as tourney pick 'ems. They dont know much so they shoot darts and hit it

SD

In my other league I have Brady and Kaepernick. I was going to start Brady because the Pats play the Jets tonight but Gronk and Amendola are both out. The Niners play Seattle Sunday.

Sgt PSN

Brady is pretty much guaranteed to give you 250ish and 2 tds even with the injuries.  Not great, but should be good for somewhere around 22-25 pts.  He's been my keeper QB for probably like 8 years now and I really can't remember more than a few select games that he's given me less than 20. 

Kap has more fantasy upside then Brady because of mobility and better targets, but the match up is brutal.  Look what Sea did to Cam last week.  I think Kap could just as easily get you 16pts as he could get you 30+.  Look at the rest of your roster and compare how it matches up to your opponent.  If things are looking pretty even, then I'd play it safe and go with Brady.  If you've got a tough match up this week and think you will probably lose, then you may want to go with Kap and hope that he goes crazy again and helps you pull out a win.

Here's my dilemma for the week.  Pick 3:

Cruz vs Den
Garcon @ GB
Torrey Smith vs Cle
Thompkins vs NYJ
Boldin @ Sea

An added element to complicate things is that I have Vernon Davis as my TE.  If I play Boldin, that gives me 2 position players on the same team and if Seattle D balls out, then I'm getting hurt twice as bad. 

Another added element is that I was able to pick up J Thomas on the waiver wire.  So I have a decision to make at TE. 

Last element is that my flex includes a TE option.  So I could play 3 WR or I could play 2 WR and 2 TE.  Decisions, decisions.  Thoughts or suggestions? 

SD

Kaepernick was horrible against Seattle last year so I'm going with Brady (plus it gives me something to root for tonight)