Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

He thought there was a comma in there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

huge rule change in the nfl...no longer can you lower your head and initiate contact not helmet to helmet contact but lower your head for ANY contact offense or defense
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

But its natural to lower the head if you are leading with the shoulder.

Is this included in the rule?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

im not sure

i feel like they are going to have to review almost damn play now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Maybe they can schedule a game during replays.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Not sure guys who have been playing for 25 years can just flip a switch on how they make contact.

Someone at the NFL is dreaming of the day there's no head contact at all, meaning there's no more concussion scandals, and the players can go without helmets and become as marketable as NBA players.

Rome

At least the Eagles won the last Super Bowl contested with actual NFL football being played. 

MDS

romey are you volunteering to take care of these guys when they hit their 50s and all have dementia or
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Quote from: MDS on March 27, 2018, 08:30:07 PM
romey are you volunteering to take care of these guys when they hit their 50s and all have dementia or

If the players weren't so dementia-ed, they would demand a CBA that helped care for them after their playing days are done. They should take a cue from how well our veterans are cared for when they return.

QB Eagles

No more meaningless end-of-game PATs. Good rule change.

Overall a very good owners meeting by the competition committee, but that head-lowering rule has the potential to overshadow everything. If they implement it in a sloppy way, it's going to cause more chaos than the catch rule they just fixed.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 27, 2018, 08:30:07 PM

No.  farg them.  They know the deal going in.  They're gladiators and they're there for my entertainment. 

And farg you for being such a raging hypocrite too. 

MDS

when have i ever been pro brain damage?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Judging from your posts over the years, I'll say all your life. 

QB Eagles

Big Red may never win a Super Bowl, but he crushes the coach photo every year. Even if it looks like he has edema in his leg.

Eagaholic

Looks like Belichick was out ransacking the rooms of the other HCs.