the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

TCU is catching a ton of action and is squarely in "public dog" territory. People have become enamored with them and rightfully so.

The look ahead line (made in early/mid December) was anywhere from UGA -17 to UGA -15.5

Once the match-up was set it opened at -13.5 and has stayed pinned at that number for the most part (although Wynn in Vegas is a 12).

10-3-1 against the spread for TCU and 7-7 for Georgia.

If Duggan has time he could find some space throwing the ball against the Dawgs secondary.

I'll likely take TCU and buy it up to +14

SD

Werd. farg it I put $50 on tcu

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that's one of the dumber ones. I'm always amazed at the people like that who take those shots. If you've got $1.4 to put down what's that $11k to you? Like $50 to a normal schmoe.

And if you do that knowing the Chargers are notorious for melt downs? A fool and his money...

phattymatty

I probably made a couple dozens bets on the derby, from straight bets all the way up superfectas and high fives or whatever the top 5 bet is called.  I didn't have the horse who won on any of them, and don't even recognize seeing the name anywhere once he won. I think my book left him off lol.

PhillyPhreak54

Probably one of the worst beats I've had

Five team parlay

Twins
Phillies
Angels
Braves -1.5
Reds

Sweating the Phils out and they eke out a win. Walk out of dinner and hop in the truck and see the god damn Angels blew a 6 run lead with three innings to go against the Royals.

Utterly ridiculous. Would've cleared well over a G.

PhillyPhreak54

Havas am I trippin or is the ncaa pool gone?

I thought I signed up but just went to check and it seems as if it's gone?

PhillyPhreak54

Top five teams in CFB are 1-10 ATS this season

0-4 today

PhillyPhreak54

Did a "Sports Equinox" parlay since this is the only day where all four majors are playing.

Lions ML
Rangers ML
Nuggets ML
Golden Knights ML

+334