Nelson Agholor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 30, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Maybe he went to the Brandon Graham career seminar.

SD

I'll admit I was wrong on the guy. He's been their best receiver. Sneaky speed. His heads in the game.

Rome

To be fair he farging suuuuucked so it's not like the criticism wasn't warranted. 

QB Eagles

It's not like some light switch turned on. His evolution isn't happening in a vacuum... he moved to the slot, Jeffrey is demanding more attention than Jordan Matthews, and Wentz is getting better.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 17, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
It's not like some light switch turned on. His evolution isn't happening in a vacuum... he moved to the slot, Jeffrey is demanding more attention than Jordan Matthews, and Wentz is getting better.

Couldn't disagree more.  He couldn't line up in the right spot last season or on the line of scrimmage correctly and was dropping everything. His concentration was off, you could tell by his play on the field. He's confident and composed, if you moved him to the outside he'd still be productive.

Jeffery has only been ok. Definitely hasn't lived up to expectations. I don't think D coordinators are staying up late at night plotting ways to stop him.

ice grillin you

yeah slot doesnt have anything to do with it....he played slot a good amount last year...with agholor it is 100% about confidence...im not saying it will happen but it wouldnt suprise me if he had a bad game at some point and fell into a slump

that said slot is where he should be playing hes not an outside wr
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There are a lot of things that have changed, almost all for the better

he's a better fit in the slot
he's gotten mental/psychological/sprititual help, whatever it was to get his head "in the game"
his quarterback is better this year than he was last
his coach is better this year than he was last
the rest of the WR corps is better this year than they were last year
the O line is better this year.

Dunno who or what to blame it on, but the difference is night and day (whereas Graham just improves slowly but surely)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

He is also a skittish receiver when he hears footsteps and that led to a  a number of drops in his past. He's overcome that to a good degree this year.

Eagles_Legendz

agree that having a competent WR corps around him helps, but also agree with the other sentiment that Jeffery has been meh this year.  Wentz has missed him a few times down the field, but since he doesn't get great separation, he's supposed to make his $$$$$$$ on elite contested catches, and he just hasn't done that this year.  Certainly competent.  Probably a great WR2 if you have a legit WR1 next to him, but he's not someone I spend big $ on to build my WR corps around.

Eagaholic

And a problem with those contested 50/50 balls, especially he ones he's  supposed to high point, is that he is injury prone.

QB Eagles

Seemed like this cat was making key acrobatic plays through the whole Super Bowl. The journey from bust to champion was long and well deserved.

Don Ho

He was so clutch yesterday.  The drive that put them ahead for good, he was simply awesome.  He did run out of bounds on one catch that was bad but overall he was stellar.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

The guy went from a neurotic mess to a clutch receiver who moves like a change of pace back. He's like the opposite of Shawn Andrews.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

You people are slipping if I am the one posting these...

Fifth year picked up for 2019.

hbionic

I'm happy we have him.

He has worked his ass off and deserves all the success he has had. Hope he sticks with the birds for a long time. I think he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

In other news...was talking to a friend and saw that Riley Cooper was picked before Antonio Brown was. So, there's that.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05