Expensive Watches - Rolex, Omega, Etc.

Started by Rome, August 02, 2005, 01:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I bought the Eagles watch on Ebay!

$198.00 including shipping & no tax.

Anyone who spends more than that on a watch is a farging toolbag.

:-D

mussa

yea 4 grand on a watch is stupid unless 4 grand is chump change to you. 
i have two Guess watches, both around 100 bucks, they do me fine.  Plus im not getting mugged wearing them. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ParkingLotFlagDude

WAIT...you can rent firetrucks?

I don't wear a watch anymore since a cloce came free with my cell phone.

When I did wear them I was too lazy to change the battery so I just threw them out when they went dead, so I would be against spending more that $100 on a wrist weight.

Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

MURP

Quote from: ParkingLotFlagDude on August 03, 2005, 02:44:00 PM
WAIT...you can rent firetrucks?

sure, how do you think they get em in movies?   of course, you have to rent the firemen too.  Something im sure Thawk knows all about. 

Rome

When I was a kid growing up in Jenkintown, they used to give firetruck rides on July 4th for all the little kids.  We'd pile up on top of them and they'd drive around town with the lights flashing and the sirens blaring.

I think I was like 6 or 7 at the time.

Can you imagine them doing that today? 

JTrotter Fan

Watches are for punks...use the sun bitches...just like me!   ;D
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Rome

Where do I find these "sun bitches" and how much do they cost?

ParkingLotFlagDude

Quote from: jerome99RIP on August 03, 2005, 08:33:30 PM
Where do I find these "sun bitches" and how much do they cost?

Well RJS is posting one all over the place, in fact look up about 12 posts  ^
                                                                                                                    |
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

satoshi

Nope. Swatch comes really cheap but it's good. I don't use it now though.

StevieLeftCollege

I think it depends.

I always wanted a really nice watch but I figured during college it was pointless with the stuff we did.  I stuck with Fossil and Kenneth Cole.  I did promise myself that once I graduated and got an actual job in an area I studied that I treat myself to a nice one.  I narrowed it down to a Movado and TAG.  I got the Movado 2 months ago.  It was 800 bucks but I got it online and an older model for 355.  My parents ended up paying for it for my 25th birthday in the end though.

So, I can see spending some money but I think 4gs is a lil pricey.  I doubt ill ever go that high unless Im making mid 6 figs, which I doubt will happen.

Rome

Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on August 07, 2005, 08:33:31 AM
I think it depends.

I always wanted a really nice watch but I figured during college it was pointless with the stuff we did.  I stuck with Fossil and Kenneth Cole.  I did promise myself that once I graduated and got an actual job in an area I studied that I treat myself to a nice one.  I narrowed it down to a Movado and TAG.  I got the Movado 2 months ago.  It was 800 bucks but I got it online and an older model for 355.  My parents ended up paying for it for my 25th birthday in the end though.

So, I can see spending some money but I think 4gs is a lil pricey.  I doubt ill ever go that high unless Im making mid 6 figs, which I doubt will happen.

When you inherit the beach house and sell it, you'll be able to afford 250 Rolexes.

Rome

The Eagles watch came in the mail today and it's farging beautiful!

:yay

StevieLeftCollege

Quote from: T.O._81_RIP on August 08, 2005, 08:23:18 AM
Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on August 07, 2005, 08:33:31 AM
I think it depends.

When you inherit the beach house and sell it, you'll be able to afford 250 Rolexes.

i got confused for a second, didnt realize you changed your name.   :-D

houses, its plural.   :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wife bought me a really nice Tag Heuer as a gift earlier this summer, after she got a good bonus at work.  I think the price was circa $1500.  It's much more than I would have ever spent for myself on a watch.  I had a Citizen Eco-Drive for the last 5+ years that cost under $300, and I was happy with it.  Still, the Tag is a much nicer-looking watch and does keep better time.  I could never see myself spending even this much on a watch, but now that I have it, I love it.  That said, spending $4k+ on a Rolex is something I absolutely never want to do.

Sgt PSN

I've been wearing the same SWATCH since 1987.  I'm cool lke that.