2017 Flyers Thread: The Youngins Be Comin

Started by ice grillin you, September 15, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I watched Lindros the case for 88 last night. Clarke was such a jerk off, you can tell from the interview he realizes that now. Lindros's parents were a little too involved but I don't blame them for wanting to be cautious with him considering what happened to his brother.

I might have said this before on here, or maybe I didn't but enough years have passed that it doesn't matter, but the "collapsed lung" he talks about wasn't from a game hit, he went out to a bar after the game with Recchi or Jones, got drunk...then they smashed their car into a guardrail or tree. The car was still drivable and they drove back to the hotel. He was never examined after the game for an injury. He was sitting in the tub at the hotel in pain and sobering up when Jones came in and told him he needs to suck it up and go to the hospital.

ice grillin you

lindros is close to a bed wetter level douche

his mvp speech is to this day one of the most uncomfortable videos ive ever seen

im going tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 18, 2018, 09:16:21 AM
lindros is close to a bed wetter level douche

his mvp speech is to this day one of the most uncomfortable videos ive ever seen

im going tonight

lol

I disagree with his jersey being retired. No Flyer is ever wearing 88 again but still. Lindros is definitely douche level but not close to Mcnabb. Lindros took a lot of heat from the front office for not toughing out a concussion. His brother had to retire at age 20 because of concussions. 10 years later i don't blame the guy. The Hart trophy speech is cringe worthy.

ice grillin you

lindros is not as bad because he had bad parenting that made him the way he was...i also dont think hes a terrible person...mcnabb is a god awful person and he is that way all on his own

i just dont think you should retire a jersey where the fan base isnt 98% all in on the player....league hall of fames you can go strictly by stats and put dicks or unlikeables in...

but team retired numbers are as much about love of the player as they are talent or numbers...and while i think lindros has a good rating among fans if 10 was love and 1 was hate lindros might score a 6 or 7...and i dont think he gets a ton of 10's

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

not even close....carl lindros is a complete pos thug

sam and wilma actually seem like good people....but sometimes nature > nuture

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

just got home...great ceremony....i give the big e credit he did ok....obviously 50 million times better than the bed wetter...only error and it was pretty big one was not once mentioning ed snyder

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2018, 01:19:29 AM
just got home...great ceremony....i give the big e credit he did ok....obviously 50 million times better than the bed wetter...only error and it was pretty big one was not once mentioning ed snyder

He didn't mention Snyder or Clarke because they were the reason he parted the team on bad terms. Holmgren and his wife talked him into forgiving the franchise. Whether you agree with him or not he had his reasons for being angry. But it's good to see the two sides have come to resolution.

On a side note great game to attend, third period comebacks are always fun.

ice grillin you

he had a whole bit about clarke...about the gm not the person but still he talked about him

he mentioned all the training staff by name and gave them a huge shout out...and that was a huge problem at the time accusing them of being incompetent to the point of almost killing him

and yet not a peep about snyder

Quote from: AO1 on January 19, 2018, 10:45:49 AM
On a side note great game to attend, third period comebacks are always fun.

if you could make it thru the first two periods...the first period in particular was absolute torture

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2018, 11:18:44 AM

if you could make it thru the first two periods...the first period in particular was absolute torture

I was more invested in the Sixers game to be honest. Plus the Flyers game didn't start until after 8 because of the ceremony. This has been a boring ass year for Flyers hockey, the two games I went to they lost, yet they're only a few pts out of a playoff spot.

rjs246

Wait. They're only a few points out of a playoff spot even though they lost the two games you went to? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

its always good to have russell chime in on sporting events

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on January 19, 2018, 12:25:58 PM
Wait. They're only a few points out of a playoff spot even though they lost the two games you went to? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Watcha gonna do?!?! When Russellmania runs wild on you!

Geowhizzer

Nice goal by Koneckny to win it, but that game belongs to Elliot.  He was stellar today.