they are at the point where they can finally draft for need not best player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
they need shooters more than they need a back up center

they are at the point where they can finally draft for need not best player

It's whatever at this point but not sure what Shamet offers other than 3 pt shooting and seems like from what I'd read no one had him at 26 range.

phattymatty

you can sign guys who can shoot but do nothing else in FA. hard to find a top tier talent with an attitude problem to back up your star player who hits the ground every other play.

ice grillin you

i mean if you think embiid is going to get hurt then maybe you take williams but otherwise there just isnt going to be many high leverage minutes for him over the next five years

im not saying he will but if shamet turns into a good nba shooter he will provide much more to the team

nothing is more crucial right now than putting shooters and playmakers around simmons....can get a back up center anytime

phattymatty

i don't disagree with any of that other than shamet turning into a great shooter. scrub pick.

ice grillin you

i mean if you wanted another shooter or playmaker over shamet fine...but williams didnt make much sense there

phattymatty

thomas pick is actually really good.

now for the stashes.

ice grillin you

phattymatty

ha what the farg.

i am very skeptical about brett the GM at this moment.

phattymatty

bonga traded too for a CHI 2nd.

phattymatty

now that i'm digesting all this i'm starting to like it a bit more. with zaire, bolden, hopefully JJ back and one FA, there are not many spots open anyway. getting these picks later down the line could be clutch af.

ice grillin you

i dont think they can bring jj back and get a max slot guy

phattymatty

realized i already forgot about lacey sharbet.

and yeah i agree, i don't think they get a top tier FA this summer anyway.

basically they got zaire, lacey, an unprotected first and 3 future seconds tonight. and two more picks to go. i've already talked myself into it being a good draft.

Rome

Reading through the draft grades for the Sixers was one of the stranger experiences I've had in a while.   They range from A+ to a D.   The D was hyper-critical of them trading Bridges, which is weird in itself, but they actually criticized the Miami pick as compensation.  They also trashed Smith too.  I guess it's fun to play the contrarian. 

The consensus was around a B or B- which I can't say I disagree with, but getting the best athlete in the draft is usually a good thing and landing an unprotected 1 is like finding a virgin in a Jersey Shore bar these days.