Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

1) ratings are up, not that it matters because it doesnt, but they are

2) the exact same thing happened in a 2007 game between the giants and titans. this was a classic eli game btw. 1:45 below. durr ruffen da passa is badddd durrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU60bzITd2U
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 15, 2018, 12:27:10 PM
The Chiefs didn't tackle Tommy on the fourth quarter td because they either thought he had already thrown the ball or were afraid to tackle him for fear of getting a penalty for landing on him. 

Multiple players have said this. 

Guys are afraid to play the game.

Yes, NFL football sure is "fun" to watch these days.

nfl ruined itself for a variety of reasons not having anything to do with the roughing the passer rule but yes its a joke and just another reason not to watch it

Quote from: Diomedes on October 15, 2018, 01:22:43 PM
Actually, if you believe 'lil guy--and I do because it's hella easier than looking this crap up myself--ratings are high and the league continues to print money.

Fans are not boycotting over whoosiewhatsit's protesting, and they're not tuning out because of penalties.

because of fantasy and to a lesser extent betting the nfl is bullet proof.....fans dont really like the product but they cannot get away from their fantasy teams no matter how bad it gets....the nfl's hardcore maga base wouldnt even walk away from fantasy football if every team in the league was kneeling during the anthem
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

holy crap i just saw that disgusting call on richard sherman

ice grillin you

MDS

the guy who took the pic's timeline is all retweets of trump, breitbart and james woods

so yea good job nfl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2018, 09:46:43 AM
the guy who took the pic's timeline is all retweets of trump, breitbart and james woods

yeah its an nfl game....99.9% of people who go have that same time line

MDS

makes me long for the safe, liberal haven of the alabama/auburn crowd

ice grillin you

ive been to two alabama games and theres no comparison....at least theres college students there who lean heavily liberal even in the south and the mostly educated people....nfl is straight fat cavemen or their slightly more healthy but still racist offspring

you are thinking of backwoods hicks who like alabama or auburn...which there are plenty of but they dont go the actual games

MDS

if there are more MAGA hats at an eagles game than a bama game i will pay for your new orleans trip, bar tabs included

QB Eagles

Josh Allen is out for a while. Beyond the atrocious Peterman, the Bills have signed Derek Anderson, who I thought was out of the NFL a decade ago. I guess they like him better than Kap though.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 16, 2018, 11:05:31 AM
if there are more MAGA hats at an eagles game than a bama game i will pay for your new orleans trip, bar tabs included

theres probably none at either but i would say per capita theres more trump supporters at an eagle game...but even if not just the fact that you have to compare a northeast nfl team to a deep south college tells you everything you need to know about the nfl

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2018, 01:45:09 PM
I couldn't really follow, to be honest.  There was something about custody, but the kid is 19 or something.  Everyone involved makes no goddamn sense so my eyes glazed over when they started quoting people and referring to various letters Carruth has issued.  Train wreck.

7 part podcast and a documentary

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article219305945.html

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

with paul allen dead, the seahawks are going to be sold

should be a record sale. panthers just went for 2.3 forbes says seahawks will hit for 2.5+

wonder if dallas would go for over 5