Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

I'm starting to really like shore

General_Failure

He played the long game, and it paid off bigtime.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Quote from: Rome on November 15, 2014, 07:53:42 AM
Evolution.

That's my point, I do believe in evolution, but there is a gap in there called the missing link.

shorebird

Quote from: hbionic on November 15, 2014, 01:14:54 PM
Quote from: shorebird on November 15, 2014, 06:30:36 AM
Nobody has a better explanation,  unless you want to count hbionic's belief in God to be a explanation as to how we got here.

Hey there, let's not go putting words in my mouth. I never said I believed in anything specific.

Then what do you believe? Everyone is quick to say what is not right, but apparently have no opinion or belief of what is. It's like the guy at work who all the time is saying, "well, that won't work", but has no idea as to how it will work.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 15, 2014, 10:21:38 AM
Quote from: shorebird on November 15, 2014, 06:30:36 AM
Nobody has a better explanation

holy farging shtein

IGOR being the prime example of my last post. I know from reading his post he doesn't believe in God, and thinks anyone who does is an idiot. I guess he believes in evolution, and if any of you do, haven't you ever wondered about the missing link? There's a big gap in ancient history's evolution of man that is still unexplained.

Diomedes

Sure.  It's enough for me to say, I don't know.  What's clear so far is that mankind has been able to scientifically prove answers to questions that humanity has had forever, and that until science were "answered" by religion.  Incorrectly.  So, given the evidence, I'll take science, which is a work very much in progress and freely admits "we don't know yet" over religion, which has proven nothing yet but claims to know.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

And science might yet uncover the missing link. Someone might dig him up tomorrow for all I know, but I think it's interesting to hear other explanations. I'm fascinated by the exploration and study of our solar system and the universe. In the grand scheme of things that go on out there humans are so insignificant that it's a billion times less than an ant to an elephant. We haven't been here one tick of the earths clock, much less the universe's. When you think of how vast the universe is, I think it's naive to not think that there's life out there some were, from a single celled organism to intelligent beings. Aliens having been here before would explain a lot of what happened in ancient times, what people believed back then. Every culture had their Gods who did things that are beyond explanation even today. It makes me think that there was something, or some being that changed everything. That, or ancient people back then did a lot of embellishing or exaggerating in most of their records. I really don't know but it's interesting and fun to explore the options. I thought a big part of science was the exploration of the universe and the search for life. That's why I posted my comments in this thread. 

shorebird

Something else that's really interesting to me would be the means of travel that we'd have to acquire to really explore out there. Even at the speed of light, it would take thousands of light years to go from one side of our galaxy to the other. And the laws of physics state that you can't go any faster than the speed of light. Now, scientist are talking about bending the laws of space and time to use worm holes for travel. That kind of shtein blows my mind.

Now, if we are ever visited by aliens more than likely they would have already have acquired a means of travel like what scientist are looking for today, and if they gave us that type of technology we'd make a giant leap in our ability to travel space. Kinda' like the giant leap that was made back in ancient times. Just saying.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on November 16, 2014, 11:19:31 AMor ancient people back then did a lot of embellishing or exaggerating in most of their records. 

Of course they did. It's called the bible.

shorebird

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 16, 2014, 11:35:07 AM
Quote from: shorebird on November 16, 2014, 11:19:31 AMor ancient people back then did a lot of embellishing or exaggerating in most of their records. 

Of course they did. It's called the bible.

I don't think the bible is an absolute true story or account of what happened back then, but if it's that simple to say that the bible is just a bunch made up stories, then that means that all the cultures on earth were making up the same kind of stories at the same time.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

I'm on something that makes me think Jesus might have been an alien and the Virgin Mary was unknowingly abducted and implanted with human DNA that was infused with alien DNA producing an alien/human hybrid that was able to take a empty basket and magically make it have an endless supply of fish.

Ha! And you bitches just thought I was crazy. Now you know it.

General_Failure

Quote from: shorebird on November 16, 2014, 12:37:13 PM
I'm on something that makes me think Jesus might have been an alien and the Virgin Mary was unknowingly abducted and implanted with human DNA that was infused with alien DNA producing an alien/human hybrid that was able to take a empty basket and magically make it have an endless supply of fish.

Ha! And you bitches just thought I was crazy. Now you know it.

Mormonism. You're thinking of Mormonism.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: shorebird on November 16, 2014, 11:53:43 AMthat means that all the cultures on earth were making up the same kind of stories at the same time.

Yeah, turns out humans make up the same basic myths worldwide.  I wonder if anyone has ever studied that?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger