Adidas IS buying out Reebok for $3.8B

Started by PhillyGirl, August 03, 2005, 07:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050803/bs_nm/retail_adidas_reebok_dc

Wonder what this would do for those superstars who have endorsement deals with each?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

wow...at first i saw the 3.8m and i thought reebok had finanical problems.  I didnt know Adidas was that big a company
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

It had to be $3.8 Billion.

I mean, let's face it, $3.8 Million wouldn't even cover Iverson's future legal bills.

>:D

ParkingLotFlagDude

Adidas has always been a HUGE player in this market and own the US until about the mid 70s when 3 things happened.
The "waffle sole trainer" (with swoosh) becomes a big seller in '74, lots of NIKE shoes on the young guys at the '76 Olympic trials, and in '78 NIKE signs it's first big time spokesperson - John McEnroe.

Adidas began losing market share and once Nike signed Jordan forget about it.

It's good to have them back in the spotlight (NFL contract), I mean I have always had a soft spot for a company whose name ADIDAS is/could be a Acronym for All Day I Dream About Sex   :yay  :-D
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

Diomedes

I once heard that Adidas and Puma split from one original parent company in Germany, because the brothers who ran it disagreed over whether to support the Nazis or not.  Can't remember which said allegedly came down for or against, and haven't bothered to check Snopes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger