07-08 Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 30, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Quotethe top three lead guards in the nba can take people off the dribble??...no wai!

and who are in the playoffs and advancing? The top point guards-- who do just that. You need that skill. Thanks for making my point

For the record, Miller had a fantastic year I wont deny that for a second, but he shouldn't be shooting. Thats not his job. I dont want him to keep pulling up from the key.

ice grillin you

by definition if youre the top point guard in the nba you can take people off the dribble
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

the best quote i've seen so far today...

QuotePhiladelphia was "led" by Andre Iguodala, who had 16 points. Andre Miller and Louis Williams "added" 11 each, and the rest of the team pretty much "sucked."

MDS

to look at tv ratings for this inane whose more popular battle between the flyers and sixers:

flyers/canes game 4 got 250,000 people
sixers have been averaging 102,000 on csn for the playoffs for games 1-5

but factored into that are this: game 4 was close and exciting. the sixers have played 3 close games and all three of those were also available on espn/tnt (no idea what the philly numbers for those are). the 2 only on csn were blowouts (game 2 and 5).

so basically its difficult to get a sense on that matter.

but the bottom line is basketball is a much, much more popular sport than hockey in this town. the flyers have a more devoted, loyal fan base. so basically more people have the potential to care about the sixers if they do well, while the flyers fan base is essentially limited to most of the white people.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Rome

Quote from: MDS on May 02, 2008, 01:23:23 PM
while the flyers fan base is essentially limited to most of the white people.

that's only because black people can't skate because of their thinner ankles.

SD_Eagle5

that and they're afraid of drowning if the ice melts

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 01:41:34 PM
that and they're afraid of drowning if the ice melts

beat me to it racist

Rome

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on May 02, 2008, 01:23:23 PM
while the flyers fan base is essentially limited to most of the white people.
and Kate Smith likes it that way
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

that was our senior prom theme song.

good times.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 02:18:17 PM
that was our senior prom theme song.

good times.
i knew you were old