06/07 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, September 30, 2006, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 01, 2006, 12:04:15 AM
Why am I not surprised by the fact that you aren't high on outfielders who can hit the ball? 
I was kind of mocking mds, but whatever.

Go team.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 30, 2006, 07:48:02 PM
How about no.

BTW, according to Ken Mandel, either Moyer or Wolf will be back, but not both...

Bring Moyer back. His slopballing 43yr old ass is better than Wolf. And he's a great mentor to King Cole.

1. BULLPEN, BULLPEN, BULLPEN...

2. PROTECTION, PROTECTION, PROTECTION for Howard

3. A starter

4. Trade Burrell

5. Bench

I think Vernon Wells, a guy who Gillick tried to trade for this year, is a FA. He'd be EXCELLENT in LF and hitting 5th.

MDS

I want Burrell on this team just so we have someone to blame things on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

We'll find someone else.

Charlie will be back too.

mpmcgraw

I am not sure who is going to be the next scapegoat.

Utley or Jimmy Rollins.

PhillyPhreak54

mpmcgraw

Screw that, I am not going to waste my time defending him.

MDS

How about the next douche they shove $14 mil out and he goes out and sucks ass. He'll get booed. Possibly the new free agent signing who will crumble under the pressure of playing in Philadelphia. It's so tough. So tough.

PhillyPhreak54

Remember when Pat walked out of the clubhouse on the last day of the season last year as they were watching the Cubs lose to HOU?

I read in Hayes' article yesterday that he did it again after the 14-2 win the other night. He said everyone stayed around to watch the SD/LA games and Pat rolled out.

PhillyGirl

I think I'd actually want Moyer back another year over Wolf...and they need to get another starter. farg Floyd, Brito, Mathieson and any of that crap they keep bringing up every year.

If Burrell is on this team next year, I'll be sick.

As already mentioned, Ryan Howard needs protection in this lineup. NOW.

Get some better bench options than Roberson, Sandoval and Thurston.

We need pen help. I don't care if it was fatigue, but Fultz sucked, Rhodes BETTER not be back, and I want Rick White gone too. The guy made 12-2 ballgames CLOSE every time he'd come in there.

I love the nucleus of this team and I think they have more potential than any Phils' team in the recent past. I trust Gillick will get the job done, which leads to more optimism from me. A hell of a lot more than when we'd head into an offseason knowing Ed Wade was leading the way.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

All your demands will either be met with half-assed "solutions" or not at all.  The Phils will end up somewhere around .500 and be praying for a first-round playoff loss... but they won't even get that far.  Again.

ice grillin you

ryan howard wont hit 40 homers next year....book it

and he might have a 03 burrell type year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2006, 10:05:49 AM
ryan howard wont hit 40 homers next year....book it

and he might have a 03 burrell type year

I'll entertain your prediction that he won't hit 40 but i don't see him having a Burrell type year at all.  He'll still hit around/above .300 and will launch atleast 30 hr.  Playing 82 games CPB all but guarantees that. 

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 01, 2006, 01:16:03 AM
I think Vernon Wells, a guy who Gillick tried to trade for this year, is a FA. He'd be EXCELLENT in LF and hitting 5th.
He's a FA next year, not this year.