Who to start / General Fantasy Football thread 2012

Started by Diomedes, August 18, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

The Vikings have a pretty good run defense, and who knows if Helu plays as much as Morris or Royster. In short, you're farged no matter who you go with. I'd start Jennings

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on September 07, 2012, 10:36:15 AM
Handicap Jennings is getting the start from me this week.

is it a clear choice for you....who are your other options
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 07, 2012, 10:36:48 AM
The Vikings have a pretty good run defense, and who knows if Helu plays as much as Morris or Royster. In short, you're farged no matter who you go with. I'd start Jennings

i am leaning jennings but i can easily see and have seen this a million times...where everyone excludes the guy who is injured or in this case is coming off a holdout and then that person goes for two touches and 80 yards

i dont even care if they all suck this week thats what i expect

just dont wanna miss on the guy who goes for 10+ pts if one does

rjs246

I have limited other options but Helu is one of them and he's on the bench. You just don't know if he's healthy or if Shannahan will bother playing him. MJD is being 'eased in' so really what other choice do you have?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

helu is a distant third for sure

as for mjd like i was just saying i could see "easing in" to mean a few goal line touches and 50 yards rushing

i think its a virtual toss up btwn him and jennings but was seeing if someone could sway me one way or another

Tomahawk

Munson

I've got MJD/Jennings in two leagues and am going Jennings in both. Over Stevan Ridley in one of them
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 07, 2012, 10:15:35 AM
start/sit

im farged no matter who i go with but looking for some opinions on which ONE of these youd choose

mjd @ minnesota
rashard jennings @ minnesota
helu @ new orleans

jennings is the safer bet but MJD has gobs more talent.  I'd buck the chorus and stick with talent.  Who's going to get the goal line carries?  Jennings?  Yeah, right.  Start MJD and at least you put the most talented player in your roster.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

cant believe im saying this but i think i agree with dio on a sports call

Munson

Jennings isn't James Mungro here....here's a pretty good athlete and a sizeable guy capable of being a 3 down back.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Munson

.5 PPR, pick one for W/R flex

Brandon Lloyd @ TEN
Stevan Ridley @ TEN
Robert Meachem @ OAK
Reggie Wayne @ CHI
Danny Amendola @ DET

Obviously i"m going with Lloyd at the moment (other starting WRs are Antonio Brown and Maclin), but he and Brady didn't click much in the preseason. I think I'm gonna have a problem choosing this spot all year.

Tomahawk

QB Eagles

A lot of upside guys there who have undefined roles right now. I like Wayne for Week 1 because I think he's guaranteed the most targets of that group and I doubt the Bears can keep him bottled up. If I knew that NE is going to heavily utilize Ridley in the screen I would recommend him without hesitation but who knows what that hoodie-wearing icehole is gonna do.