Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Let's give this guy some more love.

Fourth most games played of any Eagle, ever. And of course he achieved something that many Eagles players have dreamed of but precious few have achieved: being a member of ConcreteField.

ice grillin you

he seems like a prime candidate to get ALS via CTE
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he wore an eagle hat at the sixers tonight and my conspiracy meter is going off that he will just reup down the line and this was all for optics about his salary
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 13, 2018, 08:47:21 PM
he wore an eagle hat at the sixers tonight and my conspiracy meter is going off that he will just reup down the line and this was all for optics about his salary

The team released a heartfelt statement, they don't do them for players coming back. He's toast as a player. He should just retire and ride off into the sunset. Maybe take a job as a local sports talk personality or come back as a TE coach.

Giroux is now the longest tenured athlete

General_Failure

Unless he wants to go backup his brother for a year, there's probably not much of a market for an older blocking TE. If he wants to come back to pad out his stats just a tiny bit, great. If he wants to go out on top, also great. If he goes somewhere else for a couple extra million, then yeah his brain is probably jelly.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Susquehanna Birder

Dude's been a great team mate, he's made his money, he's gotten his ring, and he's still reasonably healthy. Hopefully he's able to do something with his life that doesn't involve colliding into other grown-ass men at full speed. Maybe coaching would be a good fit. Maybe charity work. But whatever he does with his time now, it's well earned.

ice grillin you

most importantly he will be living in philly for the rest of his life

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

smeags

sad to see come about, but man, what a way to go out as an eagle.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I love reading the posts at the beginning of these long term threads.  Good shtein.  I miss some of the awol's out there.  Not so much everyone but some. 

SD

Rome

MDS

a collection of my favs:

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2007, 02:11:31 PMBen Patrick says hi

ben patrick played 4 seasons and caught 45 passes. He is now a high school coach in arizona.

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 12, 2007, 09:40:45 PM
schobel is celek but much better now and will be in 2008...if celek is even in the nfl then

schobel retired in 2008.

Quote from: Don Ho on April 30, 2007, 04:42:56 AM
Is it Celek as in

this awful joke was born with this post

Quote from: shorebird on April 29, 2007, 06:44:43 PM
Lovely, never seen him play, but he looks big and slow, like he's gonna' get his ass chewed up in the NFL.

i miss him, but this is a surprising comment about the superior race

Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2007, 02:34:02 PM
Looks like a guido. Pass.

unfunny jew

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 29, 2007, 02:09:17 PM
camp body

easy doesnt make jokes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.