The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

that guy definitely likes the masters
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hbionic on April 14, 2014, 11:27:33 PM
What's even crazier about that article is the number of black players in the majors. 67? Frisco, AZ, and St. Louis without black players? Wow.

The Phillies always seem to have a lot of black players and I think Jimmy has had a lot of influence on that with him pushing the inner city initiative. I like that about the organization and I hope they continue to push that when he's gone.

hbionic

That is pretty cool of Jimmy.

Dodgers have been diverse since I've known them. I grew up in the Fernando Valenzuela/Pedro Guerrero era.

Korean, Mexican, Dominican, Cuban, Japanese (Typical non-U.S. baseball countries).

The black guys on the squad that I know remember are:

Matt Kemp (hottie)
Dee Gordon
Carl Crawford
Chone Figgins

I think that's it as far as black (American black) players go.

I think playing serious sports as a kid/adolecent/teen is so farging expensive. I talk to parents all the time...and honestly...inner city families don't have that kind of cash. It's good that baseball has the initiative, which I know nothing about, but if that initiative includes paying for or covering expenses, then I think they can get more kids to play. *Note, I say inner city because I'm stereotyping. There are black kids in other middle and upper class neighborhoods. Just seems like the % is higher for inner-city than suburbia.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

It's a real problem for baseball (and hockey) where equipment is needed and expensive. Football needs expensive equipment but the schools provide that. You don't need to have a full ensemble to go throw the ball around or play touch in the park (but the again, when's the last time you saw a game of touch or kids playing outside?).

Baseball has become so specialized now where parents pay shtein tons of money to send little Garrett or Kody to academies. I have one by my house and it's a non stop parade of 50k trucks and SUVs in and out of there. Gone are the days of the farging Tom Emanski drills videos.

The Dodgers have always been diverse and I like that. The tone was set with Jackie and that organization always was ahead of their times. They pretty much began the run on scouting Latin America.

Baseball does an overall poor job of marketing the sport. With 81 home games a year and stadiums barely filled they should be giving tix away to kids, schools, boys and girls clubs and any other organization that can help young bucks latch onto the game. All it takes is one afternoon for a kid to get hooked at the ballpark.

General_Failure

Jeez, you make it sound like baseball is a dying pastime and tedious as hell, but that can't be right.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

baseballs drop in the black community has more to do fatherlessness than anything. football and basketball get better tv ratings and more youtube hits but white kids still baseball at the pretty much the same rates as they did before.

difference is jamal's dad isnt signing him up for little league where as dylan's dad is. its quite unfortunate.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Baseball has problems on several fronts that even impact pasty white kids in the burbs. It's a slow game and the world moves fast. Basketball barely stops during the first 46 minutes. Football has time limits between plays. Even hockey, as awful as it is, keeps moving.

Baseball is an expensive sport.  You need a lot big enough for the field. You need grass. You need bases. You need fences. You need a mound and landscaping.  You need 18 kids. You need bats, balls and gloves.

Basketball needs 2 hoops, some leftover asphalt, and a couple gallons of paint and you've got a court that will last 10 years.  Now you just need a few kids and a $10 ball.

Which one is a poor neighborhood more likely to foot the bill for? 

MDS

they were playing baseball in poor neighborhoods 50 years ago

they are playing baseball in republica dominica and that entire island is festered in aids and poverty. its culture and its daddy not taking sonny boy to the ballyard because daddy is too busy getting high with johnny weeks (sorry bubs).

ice grillin you

baseball is not expensive and the fact that blacks dont play it has nothing to do with money
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Diomedes

Baseball just isn't cool.  Kids don't want to play.

Baseball diamonds don't litter the urban landscape.  Also, as noted above, it's expensive to compete at the highest levels of youth baseball.  You gotta do a lot of long distance travelling, the special camps are expensive (even if they do have a few need-based scholarship slots), etc.

Anyway...I came to mention that the anti-semite killer in Kansas....who shot up some Jewish community center....yeah, his victims were all Christian.  Not a very good Nazi.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

aau basketball teams travel way more than any youth baseball teams...its not that

its a simple matter of competition....baseball was king in this country until at least 1970....it had no peers in the sporting world except for maybe boxing which obviously isnt a team sport

for god sakes the nba FINALS were still on tape delay in the 1980's

we are only into the first or second generation of people who dont look at baseball as king because they have other options now

also back then baseball was a sport you could play without going to college...and think about this....the SEC didnt integrate until farging 1967...20 years after jackie and three years after the civil rights bill

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 15, 2014, 07:59:20 AM
also back then baseball was a sport you could play without going to college...and think about this....the SEC didnt integrate until farging 1967...20 years after jackie and three years after the civil rights bill
Damn. Never knew this. Good stuff igy.

ice grillin you

the one near the end is amazing....even for VNN dooks postsings were offensive.....but he had a good heart....lol

QuoteRacists Express Support for Frazier Glenn Miller, Suspect in Deadly Kansas Shooting, on White Supremacist Forum
By Don Terry on April 15, 2014

Get ready to take a long hot shower after reading the comments of support on Vanguard News Network (VNN) for neo-Nazi Frazier Glenn Miller, who was arrested at the scene minutes after the Sunday afternoon shooting spree at two Jewish community centers in suburban Kansas City that left three people dead, including a grandfather and his 14-year-old grandson.

"3 ain't bad," wrote "John from Canada." "Heil Hitler brother!!"

"Happy April 20th," "James Hawthorne," a senior member of the VNN Forum added, referring to Adolf Hitler's birthday, still the most important date on the neo-Nazi calendar.

"Dan Hadaway," also a senior member, lamented that Miller "needed to go on a more crowded day" and that the attack didn't "sound like it was too well thought out."

"Thank God people are finally fighting back against these vicious demonic parasites," "H.B.," another senior member said. "The jews (sic) are so evil. It is shocking that most people still don't have a clue despite the fact that the Internet has given total transparency to their incredible and innumerable crimes."

"313Chris" wrote, "Despite the thousands of years of destruction the Jew has repeatedly visited on the Aryan race, when someone finally gives a few of them a little lead karma, it's not just murder, but a hate crime."

"Crowe" wrote, "If he killed a single white person then he is a farging scumbag. If they were kikes, then he gets a round of applause."

As it turns out, none of the dead – William Corporon, 69, a physician, his grandson, Reat Underwood, 14, and Terri LaManno, 53 – were Jewish.

Dr. Coroporon and his grandson were killed in the parking lot of the Jewish Community of Greater Kansas City. They were at the center located in Overland Park, Kansas, so Reat could audition for a singing contest.

LaManno was gunned down at a nearby Jewish retirement home, visiting her mother. LaManno was Catholic.

"One thing is for sure: the Jews are celebrating right now," "John Evans: Christian Anti-Semite," wrote. "Three white Christians dead, a Jew-hater in custody and headed for the gas chamber, and most people totally alienated against WNs" – white nationalists.

"Miller's motives," he added, "were pure, but his execution was disastrous."

The 73-year-old Miller, also know as Frazier Glenn Cross, posted more than 12,000 times to VNN over the years. His screen name was "Rounder."

"It's so terrible that he was apprehended," senior member "N.B. Forrest," wrote.

At the time of the shooting, the Jewish Community Center was packed with hundreds of teenagers, like Reat Underwood, trying out for the singing contest. Others were auditioning for a production of "To Kill a Mockingbird," a play that apparently enrages white supremacists, judging by the comments on VNN.

"Drunk, sober, smart or dumb," "Jimmy Marr," wrote, "Miller selected targets rich in symbolic meaning: A jew institution and an anti-White propaganda production (To Kill a Mockingbird)."

"I'm just taking a wild guess," "Tom Sanders" commented, "those kids were gonna grow up to be stillupfront lovin' pansies, jew enablers. Future traitors. Glenn did them a favor. He was like a real father to them, teaching them right from wrong."

"Serbian," a senior member, wrote the "ultimate responsibility for this unfortunate little episode lies solely with the System which has created the conditions that could potentially force a certain type to do something like this.

"I am sad for Glenn/Rounder and his family. Sure some of his posts here may have been a little offensive and aggressive at times but at least the man seemed to have heart and spirit."

Talk about sympathy for the Devil.

phattymatty

re: baseball, i think you guys are all forgetting that people are smarter these days and realizing that baseball is boring as farg.