The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillycrew

I think there was a separate thread on police violence but I couldn't find it.  Obviously there is a high douche factor going on and intoxication but I don't think the cops first move should be hand around the guys throat.

http://www.richmond.com/city-life/article_1a698de6-8fe4-11e2-ab68-001a4bcf6878.html

Diomedes

I don't have a problem with anything the cops did in that video.  Had they shot those thugs dead that would have been okay too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

SD

Being White in Philly

There's been a lot of controversy regarding this article

Rome

Controversy?  Why exactly?  Seems like the author nailed it to me.

Edit:  Nevermind.  I see why.  Nutter is running his mouth accusing everyone involved of bias.  So ridiculous.

phillycrew

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2013, 05:12:17 PM
I don't have a problem with anything the cops did in that video.  Had they shot those thugs dead that would have been okay too.

Now imagine they're black.

No, seriously, I think the cop shouldn't start with a strangle hold when the guy hasn't touched him or appeared to be violent.  Once the guy started resisting arrest, then I can understand the increased force.

I thought the Being White in Philly was interesting.  I don't live there but I can understand the viewpoint.

Diomedes

All kidding aside, I can't tell what anyone is upset about.  Those cops were dealing with a mob, basically, and every one of those dudes was resisting arrest, assaulting officers, etc. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillycrew

Quote from: Diomedes on March 20, 2013, 05:08:11 PM
All kidding aside, I can't tell what anyone is upset about.  Those cops were dealing with a mob, basically, and every one of those dudes was resisting arrest, assaulting officers, etc.
Next year I think they are going to move the event into a more open area so the police are able to keep an eye on everything.  It was a big deal down here because you don't often see that sort of thing. 

ice grillin you

romey whats up with this james lynch white supremist dood in daytona.....news saying hes the first of many arrests in this operation

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

MDS

at least he didnt call him uppity
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 04, 2013, 03:16:42 AM
at least he didnt call him uppity

the irony in a supreme court justice calling a president an elitist is pretty much incalcuable