The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what black person reads slate?

its white hipster internet jerkoff city
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I thought that was Salon.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on March 30, 2011, 02:15:05 PM
I thought that was Salon.

That's because you're a sucker who reads too much into url's and web banners. 

MDS

i honestly thought they were the same thing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

At dinner a couple nights ago my wife was trying to feed my son some white rice, which he has liked in the past, but he refused it vehemently.  "What's he got against rice all of a sudden?" she asked me.

"He's ricist," I replied.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

Just like you, she hated me for it, but she laughed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on March 30, 2011, 06:22:36 PM
At dinner a couple nights ago my wife was trying to feed my son some white rice, which he has liked in the past, but he refused it vehemently.  "What's he got against rice all of a sudden?" she asked me.

"He's ricist," I replied.

Sounds like a case of once bitten, rice shy.

lurking wierdo

You guys have called me a racist in the past for some reason. Let me let you in on something, you people have no idea what racism is. I moved to South Carolina for work a few months ago and WOW, there are some REAL RACIST people here. It's wrong to generalize so I won't. For the most part everyone is very tolerant and race neutral, but when you run into a racist, they are not shy about it. I used to like a good racist, sexist, or religious joke. but now, it really makes me cringe. Some of these people actually believe the stereotypes! I was here for the Ft Sumter re-enactment that many black groups found offensive. The reallity is that most of the people don't yearn for the return of slavery (afterall all former slave owners are dead) but they do yearn for the old days of an agricultural economy that made the south so prosperous.

DH

Quote from: lurking wierdo on May 18, 2011, 12:43:28 PM
Let me let you in on something, you people have no idea what racism is.

Very solid point.

Quote from: lurking wierdo on May 18, 2011, 12:43:28 PM
It's wrong to generalize so I won't.

Clearly.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

lurking wierdo

I can now confidently say that I am not a racist.

ice grillin you

i highly recommend everyone watch the freedom riders movie currently running on pbs....next showing i believe is june 11....dvr it....its amazing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

white people sticking their necks out for blacks

hells yea

DH

my fax machine went down at work yesterday so I call verizon to come check the lines..about an hour or so later, a guy (middle age, white guy) walks in and fixes the line for us. As I'm signing his paperwork, he asks me if I've seen a picture of the new West Point Commandant, which was officially announced the day before. Seeing as no one I work with had seen any pics yet, I should have known the guy was setting me up - he opened his newspaper and turned to a picture of a black guy on a podium speaking at a local school budget meeting. He tells me thats the new comm and proceeds with "uh, hello there students - this be your new comm, etc... Could you imagine if THAT GUY was in charge of the cadets??"

He left after I didnt crack a smile, clearly aware that I didnt find it funny, but I wish I would have thrown his ass out..