Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im pretty sure even dio would agree with that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Human beings who are getting farged aren't the best at getting themselves unfarged.  They all want to stop getting farged, sure.  Some of them even know who's farging them and how, and they want revenge, or better still, justice.  Most just want a Lexus.

I'm sure old black folk in Mississippi know something more about racism than I do, but frankly that's irrelevant.  Not every black person knows better than every white person who is farging the black people and how.   Even a white swamp yankee can see that real racism, which affects lives much more directly than a dude's name on a license plate, is alive and well. 

To expend energy chasing after every vague whiff of racism is foolish.  So yeah, maybe after a fight you'll prevent the plates from being issued.  Big farging deal.

Meanwhile we have ample proof that drug arrests discriminate against black men, and that black renters continue to be subject to prejudice because of race, to name two far greater examples of racism at work which affect real people in real life. 

But, No.  We gotta worry about these license plates.  Or what Imus said.  Or...or...

It's a bullshtein distraction from the real deal. 

I make no apologies for my position. I'd gladly discuss it with black people, but since I'm a white person from Connecticut I'm not fortunate enough to know any of them.  Luckily, I've got you to speak on their behalf, igy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Is it just me or do IGY & MDS remind anyone else of these two:

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

The pic isn't showing up for me, but I'm gonna guess it's either Chris Farley and David Spade or Spike and the little dog from (I think) Tom & Jerry.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 10, 2011, 05:28:14 PM
The pic isn't showing up for me, but I'm gonna guess it's either Chris Farley and David Spade or Spike and the little dog from (I think) Tom & Jerry.

:-D close. It's Spike and a little dog, but not the ones from Tom & Jerry
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Quote from: MDS on February 10, 2011, 03:48:42 PM
telling someone who thinks hes always the smartest guy in the room that he has no perspective on a given situation is a recipe for a massive blow up

though let me add i generally like dio mostly because of his extreme liberal politics. otherwise hed be just awful.

hahaha...until I read the second part, I thought you were talking about igy

MDS

he doesnt think hes the smartest guy in the room, he just has an opinion on everything and is too stubborn to admit when he doesnt know what hes talking about (which is often)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

that picture is not showing up so im going to make a guess at what it is that is close enough for everyone to think im brilliant but not exactly what it is so people dont think i really can see it

Sgt PSN

It could be that.  Or it could be that whatever site TyRome is linking from is blocked at my work. 

ice grillin you

An e-mail from a Cherry Hill schools official that has been interpreted as containing racially charged wording has prompted an internal investigation and sparked outrage.

The e-mail from school operations director Kevin Larson, sent after a snowstorm last month, was to tell an elementary school principal why workers from the township Public Works Department would not be available to clear school grounds.

"All of my polar bears, trained seals and the two silver back mountain gorillas on loan from the Township DPW (you should see them with a snow blower that has a banana tied to the front of it, they go through a blizzard like nothing you have ever seen . . .) are already strategically reassigned. Sorry," the e-mail reads.

Larson did not return a phone call for comment.

News of the e-mail, and its perceived racial undertones, has quickly spread around the township since it was first reported Saturday. Mayor Bernie Platt has been vocal since the e-mail was forwarded to the township Thursday.

"It was reprehensible and discriminatory. I couldn't believe an employee of the school district would make statements like that," he said Monday.

Township Council President Dave Fleisher said he was approached at a youth softball tryout Saturday afternoon by three or four parents asking about the e-mail.

"They found it offensive and said they felt a high degree of empathy for the workers," Fleisher said.

The school district apologized for Larson's e-mail in a statement Monday and said an internal investigation was under way.

Colandus "Kelly" Francis, president of the NAACP's Camden County branch, said people should not be too quick to judge.

"It wasn't clear to me who the parties [he was] referring to were," said Francis, who read the e-mail in the Camden Courier-Post over the weekend. "The workers, they were referred to by these characterizations, but it wasn't clear to me what race they were."

But the fact that two of the township's 52 public works employees are African American leaves little doubt in the minds of critics.

Fleisher met with public works employees Monday afternoon as they were preparing for more snow.

"Some of them spoke up, and they all found it offensive," he said. "They felt they have not received an adequate apology yet."

Platt declined to say whether he wanted to see Larson fired, saying that was the school board's decision. But the mayor said he did not plan to drop the issue.

If Larson stays with the school district, "the relationship will be a strained relationship to begin with," he said. "But I can't make that call."

School Board President Seth Klukoff referred questions to the school district.

Eagaholic

Coulda missed it but I didn't see this in any other thread

http://deadspin.com/#!5767609/you-have-to-accept-my-pain-an-interview-with-dave-duerson-three-months-before-his-suicide

QuoteIn the NFL, I was ostracized from Day One — not by my teammates but by my defensive coordinator. I was drafted by the Bears in 1983. My first day walking into Halas Hall, I met Buddy Ryan. He knew I'd gone to Notre Dame, and he asked me if I was one of those doctors or lawyers. I said, "Yes, sir." He said, "Well, you won't be here too long, because I don't like smart stillupfronts."

I worked for Buddy for three years, and there was not a day that he did not remind me that I was not his draft pick, that he did not want me there or something to that effect: "You won't be here too long because I'm trying my best to get you out of here." That kind of thing. And so it was a very lonely feeling in that regard.

It was not motivational at all. The guy simply hated my guts, without question.

The way the article was written the author makes it sound plausible, but it's just hard to believe. Buddy was as beloved by his players as any coach I know. I guess there were exceptions with players he didn't like. Still, even back then, hard to believe.

edit: "stillupfronts" is the N-bomb (I didn't know that before).

ice grillin you

i believe it all except goin racial on him...sounds like duerson was paraphrasing...saying buddy treated him like his field negro

buddy was a cock...a complete ahole...this much has been known forever...but the amount of affection he had for his players and vice versa makes it hard to believe he would say what duerson alleges

i wonder if he called kevin gilbride a cracka ass cracka before he chin checked him

MDS

kevin gilbrides sons, also named kevin, was an assistant coach for temple

ice grillin you

care factor: negative four thousand