The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

So the whole stars and bars thing has really stirred up some white impotent racist rage in this country, and as usual, it's reared its ugly farging head on Facebook this past week.   I live in the south, obviously, so I expect a lot of rationalizing responses from these dipshteins down here, but what's really disturbed me are the number of comments I've read from people up north defending this hideous rag.  Since when do people from Philly and South Jersey line up to defend a hideous symbol of southern brutality, sedition and outright farging treason?   It's mind-boggling to me, but then again, so is the outright willful stupidity of 99.99999% of the species.

We had a great week as progressives with the supreme court's affirmation on health care, gay marriage, et al, and now it seems as though the "silent majority" of poor, put-upon white evangelical racist corksuckers in this hell hole of a country are "fixin" to fight back.   And they've chosen the confederate battle flag as their symbol of patriotic rebellion against, what, freedom... democracy... or is it just a plain aversion to basic human decency they're upset over?

I admit I'm a little sensitive right now with some things going on in my private life that I won't get into here, but just when I thought the people in this country were starting to get it, this shtein comes up to pimp slap me across the face and remind me just how soul-crushing the beliefs and attitudes of people are in America in 2015.

Anyway, rant over... just needed to vent a little.

Happy birthday, America.   Let's try and not be quite so awful to each other in this new year.

ice grillin you

theres a house on shelmire ave in the belly of the neast that has had a confederate flag on it front stoop since i was a kid

change of any kind is a very flammable thing for many people...add race into the mix and its gon get real ugly before it gets better
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

9/11 made hatred of other groups cool again, and the neanderthals united under a flag of hate ever since. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

must read piece in the waspo today that shows hiw much of a complete hypocrite trump is and how most immigrants like most people are just looking to make a living

I'd also make the argument that those interviewed are more American than Donald trump could ever be

http://wapo.st/1CiR0MM

PhillyPhreak54

Spot on.

I get into heated arguments with a lot of people who like to talk shtein on immigrants. Their ignorance is strong when discussing the subject and when I point out how the majority comes here and busts their asses doing jobs that many Americans turn their noses up at I get a ton of lame rebuttals.

And it pisses me off that pretty much anyone from south of Texas is looked down on and the government actively keeps many out by not offering visas.

Come from Europe or Asia and you're welcome. Latin folks need not apply.

Seabiscuit36

It's the same game America has played thru every decade since the 1820's.  Pick a group who migrates, blame them for all of your troubles.  Merica
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

where i live, they blame all the crime on "those people moving here from new york".  :-D  :boom
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Beermonkey

Quote from: hunt on July 08, 2015, 09:34:05 AM
where i live, they blame all the crime on "those people moving here from new york".  :-D  :boom

It's all you NEPAers and your insatiable hunger for heroin and meth that's causing the problem.

After thinking about what you said, I think New Yorkers invading areas are considered a problem in most of the NE US.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Beermonkey on July 08, 2015, 10:33:46 AM

It's all you NEPAers and your insatiable hunger for heroin and meth that's causing the problem.

After thinking about what you said, I think New Yorkers invading areas are considered a problem in most of the NE US.

And Florida.  farging New Yorkers.

PhillyPhreak54

Texas is going to start teaching kids that states rights were the cause of the civil war and not slavery. They also omit references to the KKK and Jim Crow laws

Diomedes

This drives me crazy.  Next, the Native Americans were way worse than what we did to them, and God punishes them for that now in their deserted reservation camps.

At some point, you have to shoot the goddamn barbarians. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

the poconos have been ruined by the stentch of grease.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

Fitting.  It was a black cop carried the slaver flag away today. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Have I asked this of you yet?

Stop saying "confederate." in regards to the Civil War.  Say "Slaver."  Because that's the goddamn fundamental cause.  Lee was a slaver general.  The cause was slavery. 

I'm done with the word.  You meet me in a party, I call them the slaver army, and if you and I can't agree on the fundamental fact that the South fought for slavery, that the battle flag of recent acclaim was a forgotten relic before it was resurrected only fifty or so years ago...etc.

God damn it there is a time to say that tolerance only goes so far and then rebuke or resistance only are appropriate.  This bullshtein about "erasing" history with the removal of flags or statues honoring traitorous slavers is demagoguery by definition.  It is literally impossible for the rest of eternity that the Civil War, and with it Stonewall Jackson, be forgotten, unless all humanity is obliterated as well.

These goddamn southerners make me relish the thought, rather than suffer each other's offenses.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 10, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
and if you and I can't agree on the fundamental fact that the South fought for slavery, that the battle flag of recent acclaim was a forgotten relic before it was resurrected only fifty or so years ago...etc.

what will happen?

fist fight?
cant be bff?

you didnt finish