The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2015, 02:16:50 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2015, 01:23:59 PM
I am a 35yr old white dude and I have heard the term "thug" used for the organized crime leg-breakers since I was a kid. You can also find the term "jack booted thug" to refer to military soldiers who are violent.

who the hell cares what it used to mean....im talking about its usage today....im sure eve called adam a thug when he raped her....but i dont care about 6000 years ago

Maybe she shouldn't have dressed like such a slut.

General_Failure

I'm just glad women stopped taking advice from talking snakes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: hunt on April 29, 2015, 01:27:36 PM
but let's get down to brass tacks here...how many rap albums do you own and how many episodes of the wire have you seen???

all of them. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

pretty quiet around curfew time last night?  i missed it.   anyway, let's see what friday brings when the non investigation report comes out.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2015, 05:55:59 PM
Quote from: hunt on April 29, 2015, 01:27:36 PM
but let's get down to brass tacks here...how many rap albums do you own and how many episodes of the wire have you seen???

all of them.

can i borrow your copy of enter the wu-tang ?

smeags

QuoteThe task force in charge of investigating the death of Freddie Gray has given its report to prosecutors, Baltimore police Commissioner Anthony Batts said.

"This does not mean that the investigation is over. If new evidence is found," investigators will follow it, Batts said.

The police van carrying Gray on April 12 made an additional, previously undisclosed stop, Deputy Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said.

hunt

no story there...they stopped at dunkin'.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SunMo

states attorney  rules it a homicide and 6 officers are going to be charged.

but hey, he narcotics charges...facebook told me that.  so i shouldn't care he got killed in police custody.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SunMo on May 01, 2015, 11:40:34 AM
states attorney  rules it a homicide and 6 officers are going to be charged.

but hey, he narcotics charges...facebook told me that.  so i shouldn't care he got killed in police custody.

It really disturbs me the number of people who believe things like that or the often used line "well if he hadn't run from police none of this would've happened."   

First, running from the police isn't a crime.   It doesn't even establish probable cause for an arrest unless there are other circumstances present.  Second, even if you commit a crime it doesn't give the police the go ahead to murder you.  The circumstances where police can use deadly force is really really limited and it blows my mind the number of people who justify death-by-cop just because someone doesn't cooperate with the police or committed some random crime.

SunMo

as expected the union came out strong for all 6 officers and now there is this "war on police" narrative being created against the states attorney
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.