The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I've been reading quite a bit of coverage of this and I'm not the least bit surprised at the anger on display.  It's farged up to be looting shtein, no doubt, but when this sort of rage builds up, it's like a volcanic eruption waiting to happen.  Sooner or later the lid's gonna blow off.

I'm also not surprised by the reactions I've read on Facebook by "whitey."  Lots of astoundingly tone deaf responses to the violence out there.

smeags

I understand the rage, I hate the cycle.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Good call in staying inside, Dio. Going out is too much of a risk to get caught up in something. Pour a strong one on the rocks and stay safe.

Agreed on the pent up rage too. I believe this is counterproductive and the looting will never make sense to me. But the authorities are to blame here for inciting this and causing the dam to break.

Diomedes

Nah, man.  The blame is much broader than that.  Everyone is to blame.  This is America.  This is what we are.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Big picture, yes. Locally speaking this could've been quelled with the appropriate response by police and city leaders.

First is don't rough someone up and especially not bad enough to cause serious injury or death. Especially when the police vs the public has been well documented recently. The tidal wave started building with Ferguson and every incident thereafter has caused more build up.

Second is when you have an incident don't sweep it under the rug with a prolonged and likely empty investigation. Identify the officers who caused his death and dismiss then and file appropriate charges. Aka take action. By letting it linger the rage builds.

Thirdly if the police union balks at punishment then one of the pols needs to stand up to them so the public can see the system working and making as much right as possible from a horrible wrong.

Rome

500 years of slavery, rape, wholesale murder, torture, forced segregation, civil disenfranchisement, substandard education, police intimidation, massive incarcerations, substandard health care... yep, can't imagine why these ingrates would ever lose their shtein from time to time.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Damn people and their cameras can't let a man commit insurance fraud when nobody's willing to farg up his car for him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: smeags on April 27, 2015, 09:11:52 PM
Nothing says stop the police brutality, like burning down a CVS.

:-D Bring on Walgreens!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on April 27, 2015, 09:56:29 PM
500 years of slavery, rape, wholesale murder, torture, forced segregation, civil disenfranchisement, substandard education, police intimidation, massive incarcerations, substandard health care... yep, can't imagine why these ingrates would ever lose their shtein from time to time.

I know, shocking.  Wake up world. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

https://twitter.com/jtalaiver/status/592829911678722052

No need for this. You don't drag someone outta the store and beat them.

Awful awful shtein

Don Ho

Love the pudgy little Hoyda in the grey sweatshirt that kicks the guy while he's on the ground and walks away.  Sure this store owner was behind the police brutality you fat little farg.

Don Ho

Mayor looks like she's in total shock.  Trying to act cool, calm & collect but she's got the whole deer in the headlights thing going.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I just saw some of her comments. She's in way over her head