2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2008, 03:16:07 PM
myers was golden again today

5 shutout innings

Cha-ching! Money in the bank

As for the Kendrick bet, you guys went and got all Bill James up in here while I was at work. However, Wing's idea is pretty good. Because it removes the argument of him winning games simply because the Phils offense is pimp. However I am not interested in Lohse vs. Kendrick...

Over/under 10 wins for Kendrick - 10 was his number last year. Either he will be better or he will be worse. If he's worse, he won't survive the 5 innings needed to get wins because they are crushing. Or he could be a stud and the bullpen could blow it for my end of the deal.

I've got the over for $10.

Myers bet - $10
Kendrick bet (if you accept) $10

What was the other one we did where I put up $30?

ice grillin you

i bet 10 the phils would be .500 or under vs 30 bucks for you that they would be over .500

im not taking the kendrick bet when he got that amount of wins in a half season last year...now you want me to take the same number in a full season...not happening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

I've seen you equate Kendrick to a #5.  A #5 should expect about 10 wins, if all goes to chalk.

Kendrick is going into his sophomore season, where the league has made adjiustments to him.  You've talked about his flyball/groundball ratio and how that is not condusive to success at CBP.

He also had 20 starts - about 2/3 of a season (he had 5, maybe 6 starts before the All-Star break).  I'd be interested to see his total innings between the minors and majors last season.

With all I see, I think 10 wins is a reasonable over/under.  What would you make it?

ice grillin you

Wingspan

my bet wasnt number of wins...it was winning percentage. I wouldnt want the winner of the bet to get it on a 10-15 record vs a 9-5 record.

but icee is all about the weak sauce
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i make bets like i breathe

somehow within two posts im able to wager up with just about the entire board and have multiple bets with people but in three days i still cant agree on one with you....think about it

go make a bet on a pitchers WHIP with someone else

Rome

ice grillin you

Rome

Thank you for making my point.

A man says, "I'll bet you $50 I make this shot."  A chick says, "I'll bet you $50 that I make this shot, but only if the rotation on the ball is perfect, no one makes any noise during the shot, and only if you close your eyes and count silently to three while wishing me good thoughts."

And by "chick" I don't mean a woman either.  I know plenty of women who bet like men.  You, on the other hand, bet like a sissy.

SD_Eagle5

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir and I never slice

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 27, 2008, 10:04:55 AM
Thank you for making my point.

A man says, "I'll bet you $50 I make this shot."  A chick says, "I'll bet you $50 that I make this shot, but only if the rotation on the ball is perfect, no one makes any noise during the shot, and only if you close your eyes and count silently to three while wishing me good thoughts."

And by "chick" I don't mean a woman either.  I know plenty of women who bet like men.  You, on the other hand, bet like a sissy.

right and a chick would say lets bet on a pitchers WHIP

ice grillin you

eaton lit up like a christmas tree  11 hits 7 runs in four plus

hamels and myers better win 25 games each...because moyer - kendrick - eaton is a travesty

PhillyGirl

Why is Moyer a travesty?

The only travesty on this team is that Eaton is there. He's a farging disgrace.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

moyer physically cant pitch more than 5 innings anymore and he carrys a +5 era...hell be lucky to win ten games this year

but im not saying he specifically is a travesty...the 3-4-5 combo of those guys is a travesty

Rome