2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2008, 09:22:35 AM
lohse is a three on the phillies.....no chance he doesnt have a better year than kendrick

Kendrick already had a better year last year than Lohse has ever had.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

negative chief....but even if true it would be meaningless as kendrick hasnt even pictched one full year in the majors

lets wager...20 bucks...on who has the better season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Show me where kyle lohse beat these numbers in any given year...and its a bet.

10-4
3.87era
1.27whip
.280 baa

Here's where you will not find it: Lohse vs Kendrick
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Who cares if Lohse is better than Kendrick, or if he's a 3 or a 4?

Right now, the Phillies have 3 starters that are actually adequate, including Kendrick.  Benson is still not ready to pitch and may never be.  Eaton sucks more than anyone thought possible.

How could paying Lohse $5 million be a bad decision?  How can anyone even start to argue that the Phillies couldn't really use a guy like him?

Wingspan

I'm not arguing that at all. I would have liked to have seen them bring him back...

Icee don't like facts though....
Connection Problems

ice grillin you

first of all kendrick has had no good years as he hasnt even pitched a full season so to compare him to a guy thats been pitching in the majors for 8 years is laughable...but even with that id definitely take a couple of lohses minnesota years over kendricks half season

Wingspan

Connection Problems

ice grillin you

Wingspan

If you think I am just going to blindly bet with you on something as vague as having a "better" year...you're delusional.

Set the parameters of what is considered a "better" year. Minimum number of starts? era? wins? what? Give me the parameters, and if i agree, fine. But as I already showed you, Lohse has had 8 chances to beat Kendrick, and has yet to do it.

I don't care if you would take his minnesota years, kendrick had better numbers.
Connection Problems

ice grillin you

no he didnt

and i think we all know what the better year is when all is said and done...and if its so close where we cant agree we can put up a poll and id be willing to let the rest of the board decide

its 20 bucks for god sakes

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Rome

Everyone here seems to be assuming that Lohse would have taken the same deal from the Phillies.  I wouldn't bet on that at all.  He turned down a lucrative extension from them, he hated pitching at The Bank, and was expecting a windfall from another team.  I don't think he ever had any intention of re-signing with the Phillies.

ice grillin you

at first boras thought he could get more than the phils were offering so of course he said no...after that the phils had no interest...but had they topped the cards one year offer he would have been theres...or had they gone to him even a couple weeks ago with their own i year offer of five mil i have no doubt they would have signed...it wasnt like lohse was in a strong position to be turning down people

BigEd76

You're whining about not re-signing a guy that gave up a grand slam to Kaz f'ing Matsui in a playoff game.

ice grillin you

no we are whining about a guy who would be their #3 pitcher at minimal money

and the matsui homer was all on that idiot manuel for bringing lohse in in that spot...hideous move