2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Pitchers, Catchers, Durbins,  and Adam Eaton report today
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Anna Benson's there too, right?  Now that Rome has no job, I fully expect him to stalk her. 

Rome

I got a call from a mortgage company who needs a chief review appraiser.  I don't know how but they found out I left my firm and they offered me the job this afternoon.

:-D

Sgt PSN

reese125

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 14, 2008, 05:05:28 PM
I got a call from a mortgage company who needs a chief review appraiser.  I don't know how but they found out I left my firm and they offered me the job this afternoon.

you can thank me later

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 14, 2008, 05:05:28 PM

Phillies Spring Training fever, catch it?

Rome

I talked to a buddy and I think he gave his buddy a call.

I don't know if I'm interested, though.  I might look for a gig in a local or state gubment offices first so I can get a pension and other fringe benefits.  The kind of experience I have is exactly what they look for plus I have several friends in those positions already.

If I take a job with the county or state I'd be retired at age 62 with a full pension.

Anyway - go Phils. 

BigEd76

Howard showed up at camp when he didn't need to be there yet, is in better shape than this time last year, and was joking around with Burrell.  Clearly he's angry about his contract.

MDS

Oh, the poor pampered athlete gets $7 million instead of $10. Oh what an injustice.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

actually, he'll get his 10, the philllies are dumb for trying to keep it at 7

Munson

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 14, 2008, 06:12:34 PM
Howard showed up at camp when he didn't need to be there yet, is in better shape than this time last year, and was joking around with Burrell.  Clearly he's angry about his contract.

Ooooh so that's how a guy who isn't moping acts.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I hope Lidge pans out so I can rub it in the faces of these Astros fans I work with. Every day one of my boys cries about losing Lidge.

PhillyPhreak54

Look, BillyBeane's t-shirt made its way into the Phils clubhouse

SunMo