Andrew Sendejo, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 18, 2019, 04:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Former Minnesota safety. You know him as the guy Blount trucked in the nfccg

Don Ho

QuoteIt remains to be seen exactly how Sendejo fits into the Eagles' secondary. Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McLeod, if healthy, project to be the primary two starters. Sendejo could be joining the team in Corey Graham's old role as the No. 3 safety. If so, Sendejo would see some decent playing time on defense as a role player. Signing Sendejo doesn't necessarily preclude the Eagles from selecting a safety in the 2019 NFL Draft, though.

Pro Football Focus graded Sendejo 45th out of 101 safeties last season. For reference, Graham was 64th. Sendejo ranked 20th overall back in 2017.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Vikings fans are upset.  They really don't like us.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

If he's a one year rental to fill the Corey Graham role, he should be okay there.  But from what I read, he's never been very good at wrapping up his tackles, preferring instead to just torpedo guys.  I'm not liking the sound of that.

It was Sendejo that Blount absolutely obliterated on his way into the endzone for the second TD in the 2017 NFCCG .

https://twitter.com/bleedinggreen/status/1107740223209988099 21
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I actually think they're going fairly high with a safety in the draft anyway.  There's a Philly kid named Nasir Adderley who's a safety at Delaware who's possible there, and if Howie hasn't addressed RB yet, it's possible Howie pulls the trigger. 

Jenkins isn't getting any younger and McLeod isn't either. 

Eagaholic

If I remember, Sendejo was questionable with a concussion for that game that Blount trucked him and played anyway. Wasn't a good day for Minnesota folks. Hope there's something of value left in his cranium.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

So definitely a CTE story in a few years.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

A few years?  Appears as though he's about to walk into a glass door in that picture.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2019, 07:18:09 AM
I actually think they're going fairly high with a safety in the draft anyway.  There's a Philly kid named Nasir Adderley who's a safety at Delaware who's possible there, and if Howie hasn't addressed RB yet, it's possible Howie pulls the trigger. 

Thanks for bringing up Adderley.  I've seen his name in numerous draft pages.  His cousin, also Herb played CB for the Packers and Cowboys early 60's - early 70's.  Guy was a stud. 

The current Herb Adderley was a big standout at the Senior Bowl.

https://www.philly.com/eagles/nasir-adderley-eagles-nfl-draft-herb-family-cousin-relative-prospect-first-round-20190125.html

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on March 19, 2019, 06:03:35 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2019, 07:18:09 AM

Thanks for bringing up Adderley.  I've seen his name in numerous draft pages.  His cousin, also Herb played CB for the Packers and Cowboys early 60's - early 70's.  Guy was a stud. 

The current Herb Adderley was a big standout at the Senior Bowl.

and his grandfather could play the hell out of the sax

also can someone post a list of the players that are getting younger?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous