BCS Championship Game Thread - USC vs. Texas

Started by Rome, January 04, 2006, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Okay - who's got who here?

My take:  USC is ripe for the picking here.  That said, I still think they beat Texas in a close game.

My score:

USC - 38

Texas - 30

Bush racks up 250-plus all-purpose yards.  Leinart throws 3 td's.

Vince Young has the kind of night that will compel him to enter the draft.  3 passing td's at least.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I've lost any grasp on this game or caring about the outcome after last night's marathon.

I am going to go ahead and say that Texas will win, or like Notre Dame, outplay USC but lose for some freak reason.

SD_Eagle5

I was told last night the over/under was 70 -- is that true?

Like lastnights game, I think this one will be closer than what people are speculating. Texas's defense isn't that bad and they might be able to slow Bush down.

USC 35
Texas 27

SunMo

i love USC tonight, the final game for Bush, Leinhart, White, i think they put up 40+
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

My prediction is that the game doesn't live up to its billing.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

I think Brent Musburger put the over under at 130.   

ice grillin you

im in a bowl pool for 1500 bucks...and i win if:

texas covers

the total pts in the game is greater than 61

if it hits 61 i split the pot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Quote from: rjs246 on January 04, 2006, 04:01:36 PM
My prediction is that the game doesn't live up to its billing.

I stayed away from most of the ESPN coverage since it was getting to the point of sickening.  They're acting as if Texas isn't even going to show up.  2001 Miami would have killed this USC team...

PhillyPhreak54

I usually get sick of the "no respect" angle that a lot of teams take these days. But Texas has a legit beef. ESPN was running polls about USC vs. the all time great teams and made no mention of Texas at all.

I am rooting for Texas, obviously.

Texas - 41
USC - 37

NGM

Texas - 55
USC - 31

I like Will Ferrel but I really hate USC.  Therefore, based upon logic, I believe Texas will win. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

QB Eagles

16-10 Texas winning at the half. The six point difference comes from a Texas touchdown that shouldn't have counted.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

QB Eagles

Well, Texas wins. 41-38. All Vince Young really.

JTrotter Fan

WOW...it's rockin down here in Texas now baby.  Party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

BigEd76

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 04, 2006, 03:48:08 PM
My take:  USC is ripe for the picking here. 

USC - 38

Vince Young has the kind of night that will compel him to enter the draft.

eh..close enough  ;D

Things just got interesting for the NFL Draft.  Yeah, he says he's staying, but he now has nothing left to prove other than maybe working on his passing skills.  If he leaves, his hometown of Houston has the number 1 pick......maybe a trade of David Carr, allowing Bush to fall for the Jets?  hmmm.....