College Football 2005

Started by henchmanUK, August 19, 2005, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Bowling Green @ Wisconsin on ESPN right now.  Keep an eye on Omar Jacobs.  He might be the #2 pick in the draft....

TexasEagle

TCU scored a big upset over Oklahoma today 17-10. :yay I hate College blowouts and I hate Oklahoma.

Dillen

Quote from: TexasEagle on September 03, 2005, 05:40:02 PM
TCU scored a big upset over Oklahoma today 17-10. :yay I hate College blowouts and I hate Oklahoma.
Iowa won 56-0 :yay

MURP

man, OU really got shut down!   That could have crippled Adrian Petersons heisman hopes right off the bat.

- ND looked great against Pitt.   Either Weiss already has that offense tuned up or Pitt sucks ass.  Probably somewhere in between.   

- Next weeks Michigan/ND game should be awesome.   Michigans offense looks pretty good, but their defense could be in trouble.  They came up with some great turnover plays, but got run over a bit.   Cant wait to see that game.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 03, 2005, 12:17:08 PM
Bowling Green @ Wisconsin on ESPN right now.  Keep an eye on Omar Jacobs.  He might be the #2 pick in the draft....

Omar Jacobs was on f'ing fire the other day!!

30/51 458 yards 5 TD's and they lost 56-42 to Wisconsin!

Other big game performances:

Louisville's DE Elvis Dumervil had 6, yes SIX, sacks and 2 FF's yesterday

Wisconsin's RB Brian Calhoun rushed 43 times for 258 yards and 5 TDs

PhillyPhreak54

Amen. I hate OU.

Hook 'Em Horns!

MURP

I wouldnt even think twice about taking Jacobs over Leinhart.  Jacobs is awesome.

Don Ho

Quote from: MURP on September 05, 2005, 02:20:51 PM
I wouldnt even think twice about taking Jacobs over Leinhart.  Jacobs is awesome.

Saw Leinhart on Saturday when SC was here to play(dismantle)Hawaii.  Didn't realize he was so big.  Guy has a good arm - no question.  Reggie Bush is an animal - he put on 20 lbs. of muscle over the off-season.  SC is loaded.  They had a freshman WR #1 Patrick Turner- ironically built just like Mike Williams - who is going to be something special.

The Hawaii crowd was wild as the warriors kept Leinhart off the field until just over one minute left in the first quarter.  Two long drives - one ending in an int return for TD, the other turning over on downs. 

Did get to see Booty, Leinhart's heir apparent in the fourth.  He looked good as well.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

FSU beat those queers from the "U" tonight 10-7.

An ugly game for both offenses but the FSU defense was stifling sacking the Miami quarterback nine times.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching them smack that little bitch in the mouth over and over.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

I enjoyed that game.

FSU's QB does suck, but he just needs to get some game tim eunder his belt. If he doesn't improve ol' Bobby will yank him out for that Lee dude.

I like watching The U lose. Shove it, Irvin.

MDS

I hate both those schools, but hate Miami more. Good to seem 'em lose.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

[Anal retentive]There is no "h" in Leinart.[/anal]  :-*

Rome

I saw Xavier Lee play several times in high school.  The kid is the real deal.  A phenomenal athlete with a cannon for an arm.

I thought Bowden should have turned the reigns over to him based on what I saw after the first quarter tonight but Bobby's a stubborn old redneck.

Meh - whatever, they won and that's all that counts.

PS: Still laughing at the looks on Miami's players faces after the game was over.  Thugs, criminals and bitches, all of 'em.

:-D :-* :-D

henchmanUK

Quote from: MURP on September 05, 2005, 02:06:05 PM
ND looked great against Pitt.   Either Weiss already has that offense tuned up or Pitt sucks ass.  Probably somewhere in between. 

Here's your answer, MURP.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MURP

lol, yeah, that about sums it up.