Soccer - World Cup Qualifying

Started by PhillyandBCEagles, February 13, 2005, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyandBCEagles

US won 2-1 at Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday in the first match of the final round of qualifying, next up is probably the toughest game of the round, at Mexico on March 29.

Any other soccer fans in Iggles-land??

rjs246

Very passive fan, but I like the sport. Better than baseball anyway.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

For sure.  :yay  Bring home the gold baby!
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

hbionic

I want to book a trip to Germany for the World Cup. Mexico of course is going to flame out...they can never get a decent team together. They are team blue balls....you think they just might...and then...BAM! They get eliminated. From what I've heard, Mexico doesn't have that strong a team this time around. But....going to Germany would be kick ass!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

satoshi

We beat North Korea 2-1 last week. And we will play Iran next month. Well, why are we playing the axis?

hbionic

Quote from: Sir Satoshi on February 13, 2005, 09:23:57 PM
We beat North Korea 2-1 last week. And we will play Iran next month. Well, why are we playing the axis?

It's obvious Japan is trying to sell stock to those nations for the new Honda 'Axis'...runs on oil but can go nuclear at anytime.  :nyuk
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

satoshi

LOL. North Korean guys still use coal for tractors and cars (if they have).

Diomedes

I enjoy the game very much, but don't follow it until the actual Cup. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

strangely I got caught up in the last 15 mins. of that game, and I enjoyed it  :paranoid :paranoid

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on February 14, 2005, 11:27:36 AM
I enjoy the game very much, but don't follow it until the actual Cup. 

I'm pretty much the same way.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

RomeyRome

I think this US team has a chance to do things, not win it all but show that it can compete head to head with the best.
Beasley is scary man, they have such a good young nucleus, but the defensive side of the ball is getting old IMO.

NGM

Quote from: NB on February 14, 2005, 05:13:55 PM
I think this US team has a chance to do things, not win it all but show that it can compete head to head with the best.
Beasley is scary man, they have such a good young nucleus, but the defensive side of the ball is getting old IMO.

Agreed.  They also have two great goalies and this will probably be the last Cup for both of them.

Mints

I think, and hope uS wil ldo quite well in the world cup. Whenever ive seen them play, they look like a good side! OIbviously not quite as good as England :P but still have a good chance!

Do you still have the like sof McBride?

NGM

McBride will be playing.  Remember your squad is getting old too.  ;)