Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched an entire game from start to finish without the Phillies being involved.  It's boring, dude.  Too many strikeouts and too many pitching changes make it almost unbearable, especially on television.   

MDS

lets remember that complaining about the state of baseball is as much of a national pastime as the game itself. its a billion dollar industry with increasing national and local tv deals and multiple players that just signed for hundreds of millions of dollars to worthless places like denver, suburban la, even suburbaner la and south philly.

the game will be fine. this is not a crisis. billionaire trump supporting owners are still going to make tons of money while dirt poor dominicans and uber wealthy whites climb over each other to play.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im in chicago milwaukee for the weeks games

my arms look like those big turkey legs they sell at state fairs and renaissance festivals from being in the sun for 3:55 other than that it didnt seem long to me...a big difference is when a day game goes four hrs its still light out when its over...when a night game goes four hours you might not be getting to bed until midnight

salvaging a split in chicago on paper isnt bad but it felt worse....the difference in the series not being better was cubs big guns baez/rizzo hit homers and harper/hoskins hit singles

hoskins is absolutely horrific right now...since hitting a homer on may 7 he has seven hits none for xtra bases and 15 strikeouts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

vince velasquez: relief pitcher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Havas needs to stay on road trips with them. Good luck charm

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Damn, it's been a long time since I had good things to say about the bullpen.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Nice win last night.  Glad I stayed up and watched it.  Hoskins' homer was a rocket. 

MDS

phillies fans when they win a meaningless may game

philles fans when they lose a meaningless may game

PhillyPhreak54

Accurate

Btw they promoted Rick Vaughn today aka JD Hammer

Nice glasses, fargo.

Geowhizzer

It would be nice if the Phils could get a hit with the bases loaded.

MDS

even geo the morman does it, sheesh

the phillies have scored 9 runs this series and they are all in different innings

Geowhizzer

https://twitter.com/matt_breen/status/1132430033644138496

Um, Jake, keep this going a bit before you start smelling yourselves...

Don Ho

Exactly, calm down Jake.  Come see us after the series in Chavez Ravine next week.

Today was fun.  That bottom of the 8th strike zone was just horrendous and the angry beard got lucky as heck BUT nice top 9th of saying shove it Braun and Counsell.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 25, 2019, 01:17:13 AM
Havas needs to stay on road trips with them. Good luck charm

lesssgo!

cept when they lose tomorrow (btw it's dollar dog day at brewers park) they will be 4-3 this set....nothing to be ashamed of but I'm better than that or maybe I'm not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous